Windows 8.1 theme applications-resource acquisition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8.1 theme applications-resource acquisition

OH GREAT LORDS OF CUSTOMIZATION AND UNIQUENESS!
    I AM RUNNING 8.1 ON MY NEW RIG SOLELY TO GET THE MOST OUT OF MY GPU, PER MAN SPEC. I AM LITERALLY DIEING TO USE ONE OF THE AWESOME THEMES HERE AND EVEN TWEAK IT A LITTLE AS I GO. I HAVE SEARCHED THE FORUM AND HAVEN'T FOUND ANY RESOURCE, SUGGESTED OR LINKED, TO PROCURE THE NEEDED APPS. IVE GONE OUTSIDE THESE SAFE AND COMFORTING WALLS AND HAVE SPENT THE LAST 4 HOUR WIPING AND AND RELOADING MY OS DUE TO SOME PRETTY INSIDIOUS MALWARE AND ADWARE. ITS A BRAND NEW BUILD SO I AM REALLY TRYING TO START OFF CLEAN. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THE REOCCURRING ONES NEEDED SEEM LIKE THE USUAL SUSPECTS FROM 7 - ULTRAUXTHEMEPACKER - OLDNEWEXPLORER - STARTISBACK (I NEVER KNEW I WOULD MISS IT SO MUCH) - AERO/WINAERO GLASS-

ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AS I CANT PUT INTO WORDS HOW MUCH I HATE THIS CONTROLLING FASCIST SOFTWARE. SO MUCH POTENTIAL RUINED BY SO MUCH UNCHECKED NEED FOR CONTROL. THEY SHOULDVE NAMED IT MEGAN AFTER MY FIRST WIFE :Huh::rofl1:

Re: Windows 8.1 theme applications-resource acquisition

I'm not in windows 8 but read this,it may be helpful to you as it was for the other guy

LINK :JC_link:
    MEGATHEMER​

Comment

If you can go back to Windows 7. I will never upgrade to 8.8.1, 8.11 or 10...:good2:

Comment

I used Windows 8.1, which is installed on the PC that I buy.
        But think to format and find seven, which for me is the best os microsoft.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
          If you can go back to Windows 7. I will never upgrade to 8.8.1, 8.11 or 10...:good2:
          Never say never :LOL1:
          MEGATHEMER​

Comment

James Bond Did.

Comment

Originally posted by bookofJob View Post
              O I HAVE SEARCHED THE FORUM AND HAVEN'T FOUND ANY RESOURCE, SUGGESTED OR LINKED, TO PROCURE THE NEEDED APPS.
              I have yet to explore Win 8 myself, but I can testify that over the months that Ei8ht has been filling our forums that most of the designers are including complete install instructions with their downloads.. We may be lacking some specific threads about tweaking Win8 but like i say. The individual threads are mostly complete to accomplish what you see in their preview screens.

Any more than that, just ask for a specific tweak that you miss from Se7en, or one that you wish you could have..

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

I'm not on windows 8 bookofJob

Comment

THANKS EVERYONE, THANKS EVERDIN! NOT SURE HOW I MISSED THAT THREAD BUT ITS WHAT THE DR ORDERED. I HAVENT TRIED TO DOWNLOAD ONE YET BECAUSE I WAS TRYING TO MAKE SURE I WAS ARMED WITH PROPER APPS FIRST. THE THEMES I LIKED WERE A LITTLE AMBIGUOUS ABOUT INCLUDING THE APPS SO I FIGURED THEY DIDNT. I AM MORE THAN FRUSTRATED WITH 8 AS WELL BUT IT DOES SEEM TO HAVE POTENTIAL. ONCE AGAIN THE PROMPTNESS AND LEVEL OF HELP IS AMAZING.

Comment

Well I guess I'm almost alone in this class. I run windows 8.1.1 and have had no issues with it. I had issues with getting my theme installed and working correctly but was able to play with it long enough to get it to function about 95% the way I like it. To install a theme in windows 8.1 you will need

UltraUXThemePatcher,
                    OldNewExplorer,
                    Winaero Glass

TRC or Theme Resource Changer doesn't work with 8.1 and nor is it needed. The Windows personalize changer works perfectly, as long as you have UltraUXThemePatcher installed.

Aero Glass 1.2.5 from Big Muscle does not work good with 8.1 from my experience. Now I didn't buy the paid version so not sure about it. But the free version doesn't, at least I couldn't get it to function correctly.
                    However Winaero Glass does. Only thing with it is everytime you sign out of windows or do a restart it won't load up. So you have to put a shortcut to it in your Startup Folder. Same thing goes for BlackGlass.
                    Some Themes have that and its an extra. Even though when it's loaded you have an icon in your system tray hidden icons for it, if you right click on it it has an options menu and you can click to have it start with
                    windows. But it doesn't work, you have to create a shortcut and put it in your Startup Folder as well. Then you have both Winaero Glass and BlackGlass that will always be on.

I have found it to be true though that Windows 8.1 or 8.1.1 is a different animal when it comes to theming it verses Windows 7. Windows 7 is easier to theme, but Windows 8 and up uses your GPU resources better than 7 when rendering imo, and thats before a custom theme is installed.

You can get Winaero Glass here.

You can get Big Muscle's Aero Glass here if you want to try it. Just choose the right one for your system.

You can get the most updated version (2.4) of UltraUXThemePatcher here.

Old New Explorer I didn't think I would like it better than 8.1's File Explorer, but by golly I do! I forgot how much I missed it. It's sleeker and cleaner than 8.1's version imo.
                    You can get it here.

Hopefully this will save you a lot of time that I had to go through. Thanks for the post! :good2:

Comment

I like it XD

Comment

Working...
                      X