Sound Schemes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Schemes

Unless I'm blind I'm seeing nothing on the forum about about sound schemes for 7, 8, 8.1, or 8.1.1. i just finished customizing 8.1.1 in vm to my liking with any any problems except i'm missing most of my system sounds. as usual the default windows sound scheme doesn't have certain sounds. was wonder if anyone knows if full sound schemes for 8 and up? thanks
    sigpic

Re: Sound Schemes

From past experience it seems that the sounds category in Windows is always the least mentioned, or the last to be customized..

Your right, there is nothing at this time here at MT about that area, but go ahead and start a new trend bud.

Have any of the 8.1.1 themes you have downloaded have the default, or sounds that your looking for?
    Or with the right editing software one could always just make their own.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

i use alot of razorsedge sounds in my themes but they are easy to make. its just .wav files

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

I have nothing for windows 8 but I have many for 7.

Comment

I've considered this in the past when I had my Sound Editing stuff but I never followed thru with it because other things kept getting in the way like Programming, Building new Hardware, Taking Care of the Kids and Wife, Diving a Truck across country....You know Life! I was lucky to keep myself together enough to make a Ringtone....but now I don't have the Software anymore....it won't run on Windows 7 and I don't feel like making a Windows 3.1 machine again, sorry but hey it's a great Idea! My last package came from Ripping Sounds out of Mass Effect Games, if that helps.:Huh:

Comment

Hm you need to know which type of sounds do you like?

I'm not big fan of sound schemes and I can't help you about that question, anyway like it Don said in post above if you take a look on razorsedge themes you will see that many of them have pretty cool sounds... sounds will work on both W7 and W8.

Comment

thanks guys for the quick responses, much appreciated.

in 7 i use a now dead program called desktop architect, and for that i use the w2kthemes.exe and select millennium theme after unchecking everything excep for sounds. since it is dead i've tried in the past to get anyone to hack it and bring it up to date with no luck. i honestly would settle for some who knows what they are doing hack the w2kthemes.exe and extract the sound files theme by theme and just package them loosely to be added one by one by hand. i'm uploaded a copy of both da and the themes file if anyone is up to the task.

Desktop Architect.rar

http://www.themeworld.com/reviews/da211.html

desktop-architect-5.jpgdesktop_architect-12104-1242295193.jpeg
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.pond5.com/sound-effects/1...FagWMgodDVQACw

The above site may be of some help? Mybe not. The sounds are not free.

Comment

http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...-System-Sounds

The sounds from the above post are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                    http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...-System-Sounds

The sounds from the above post are great.
                    i got luck the one exe for the themes is locked. i managed to extract everything and create a folder just for the sounds. i tried to add close wav and not sound even though the win 8.1 sound control panel did turn the white speaker icon for that sound yellow indicating to it should be working. maybe others can play with them to see if i'm missing something.

Sounds.rar
                    sigpic

Comment

Attached is the scheme I use.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                        Attached is the scheme I use.

those are great for some, but mine are just a bit softer. i'd suggest creating a new section for system sound for both 7 and 8 and make that sound scheme the first one in it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Nude Dude View Post
                          i'd suggest creating a new section for system sound for both 7 and 8
                          Not a bad idea but @Megabink: would have to make changes like this. Keep checking back here and see what he might say about it...

Not sure if I can help any, but if you send me any files with music on it, I could try some editing with my software to create some .wav files for ya?

Comment

i honestly would settle for some who knows what they are doing hack the w2kthemes.exe
                            I downloaded your folder and extracted this w2themes.exe and inside the parent folder I drilled down to 'w2kthemes\Program Files\Plus!\Themes\w2k' and there is a folder there named 'Sounds', and it contains 19 .wav files.
                            The folder is attached below if this is what you are after.

and extract the sound files theme by theme

Also, one folder up in the 'themes' folder are six .theme files, are these files suppose to have sounds in them???
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by HammerJack; 10-05-2014, 03:09.

Comment

thanks for your effort, but if you read through my post you will see i already extracted everything and uploaded the sounds here. as for sound in the individual theme files, i think something in each of those files just accesses the one sounds so no i don't believe each theme has more sounds in it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X