Announcement

Collapse

We've updated our Privacy Policy in response to the new data privacy standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with GDPR.
Meaning:
All new members have to agree on registration that we store some of your personal data like emails,names,ip addresses in our database.
If you have further questions about the new GDPR rules you can use the Contact Us link below the forum.
These updates will take effect on May 25, 2018 and by using MegaThemer.net on or after that date, you'll be agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.
See more
See less

command bar / user screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• command bar / user screen

ok as some may know i plan on finally installing win 8.1. i have been playing with gws953's megaminimal in vm to get it to my liking before actually installing 8.1 and then his theme. i've almost got it there, but i do have a couple of questions. first one is i would like the command bar back on top like i have it in 7. i would like to change user screen color to better match the theme, or simply bypass it altogether . thanks in advance for any help.

user screen

user screen.png

win7
    7 Command.png

win 8.1
    Command Detail.png
    sigpic

Re: command bar / user screen

Grab a copy of Gray8.1 glass and copy the shellstyle.dll that is in the theme folder\shell\normalcolor and replace
    that one with the one in megaminimal.
    That will move the command bar back up top.

For the background color,from the start screen,hit setting then personalize,adjust the colors there
    Screenshot (80).png

or you can skip the whole login screen by auto-logging in,same way as in windows 7

Comment

LOL, that did not take long..
      Greg I have said it beofre and I will say it again. You are a windows genius my friend..

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

gsw953 the windows guru.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

is there an advantage with 8.1 over 7, for me, i just game with the a normal rig. Just that soo many keep saying keep away from 8. You guys are the best to ask as you play deeper in windows than most. (move my post to the right section if needed)

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
          "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

@Terminator I know that 7 has way better benchmark results than 8 most gamers don't like the layout of it but ionstorm and poweredbyotx and gsw953and Gary would be the guys to ask.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
              @Terminator I know that 7 has way better benchmark results than 8 most gamers don't like the layout of it but ionstorm and poweredbyotx and gsw953and Gary would be the guys to ask.
              thanks George, i suppose its a case of better the devil you now for me still, and the first thing i would do would try and make 8 look like seven :JC-ROFL:

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
              "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

Originally posted by Termínator View Post
                thanks George, i suppose its a case of better the devil you now for me still, and the first thing i would do would try and make 8 look like seven :JC-ROFL:
                Greg gsw953 would be the man to ask about making 8 look like seven

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

At least, thank you Greg, you really know a lot of stuff for Windows customization.

Comment

Originally posted by gsw953 View Post
                    Grab a copy of Gray8.1 glass and copy the shellstyle.dll that is in the theme folder\shell\normalcolor and replace
                    that one with the one in megaminimal.
                    That will move the command bar back up top.

For the background color,from the start screen,hit setting then personalize,adjust the colors there
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]7505[/ATTACH]

or you can skip the whole login screen by auto-logging in,same way as in windows 7
                    thanks for the quick reply. one last questing i'd like to remove the background image from windows explorer, so it's just plain transparent gray when i have black glass running. thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Nude Dude View Post
                      thanks for the quick reply. one last questing i'd like to remove the background image from windows explorer, so it's just plain transparent gray when i have black glass running. thanks
                      I'll post a special "MegaMinimal-the nude dude version" tonight when I get home from work,so if there is anything else you wanted edited
                      you have about 10 hours to get your request in :crazy1:

Comment

Originally posted by gsw953 View Post
                        I'll post a special "MegaMinimal-the nude dude version" tonight when I get home from work,so if there is anything else you wanted edited
                        you have about 10 hours to get your request in :crazy1:
                        i appreciate the thought, but i'm not comfortable with you going to special lengths for me. i guess i should of just asked if the same program( http://www.door2windows.com/windows-...indows-7vista/ )i use for removing explorer background images in 7 will work in 8.1. as far as editing anything else, no the theme looks fantastic. i haven't swapped out the files for the clock, but that is only because i'm sure there isn't going to be any problem doing it in a real environment, so no need for me to test them in vm. again thanks for the offer, but please don't go to any extra trouble.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Nude Dude View Post
                          i appreciate the thought, but i'm not comfortable with you going to special lengths for me. i guess i should of just asked if the same program( http://www.door2windows.com/windows-...indows-7vista/ )i use for removing explorer background images in 7 will work in 8.1. as far as editing anything else, no the theme looks fantastic. i haven't swapped out the files for the clock, but that is only because i'm sure there isn't going to be any problem doing it in a real environment, so no need for me to test them in vm. again thanks for the offer, but please don't go to any extra trouble.
                          I couldn't get that folder background changer working on 8 when it first came out,haven't tried on 8.1.
                          Here's an edited version of MegaMinimal,I just had to change 1 setting with WSB so it was no trouble only
                          took 2 seconds.Also this has the Command Bar back up top.

Screenshot (83).png

mm2.zip

Comment

vey, very nice greg, i'd say i owe you my first born son, but since i don't plan on having kids that's out,
                            and no you're not getting my cat. so you have to settle for a

HUGE "THANK YOU"

in lieu of either of the afore mentioned.

Last edited by The Nude Dude; 06-05-2014, 13:08.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X