Announcement

Collapse

We've updated our Privacy Policy in response to the new data privacy standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with GDPR.
Meaning:
All new members have to agree on registration that we store some of your personal data like emails,names,ip addresses in our database.
If you have further questions about the new GDPR rules you can use the Contact Us link below the forum.
These updates will take effect on May 25, 2018 and by using MegaThemer.net on or after that date, you'll be agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.
See more
See less

Modern ui start page for Google Chrome (new metroTab)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modern ui start page for Google Chrome (new metroTab)

I found this while searching Google for Chrome start-pages, the link led me to a deviantART upload, then that user had the link to the Add-On in the Chrome Store.
    This is a GREAT 'new tab' or Home/Start page (this is how I've configured mine). You can completely customize the thing, add tiles, choose large or small sizes for them, choose the colors, titles, display icons, etc...And each link/tile you add supports RSS-Feed so has the 'Live-Tile' feature if the site has rss.
    Also, when you click a tile, it will animate (if you choose that option in the Options thingy) just like your normal Metro start-screen in your Windows 8 os. Also notice all the options when a tile is right-clicked that pop up in the ribbon at bottom, just like your regular start-screen. Very cool!

It's just an amazing addon for Chrome, and if it has already been shared here, please someone let me know. This extension for Chrome will work in Windows 7 also, but I thought I'd drop the thread here within the Win 8 Customization thread as this extension is so useful to those using Win8, who want to have all their customizations "match".

DA link: http://mike3886.deviantart.com/art/M...rome-345509636

Chrome Add-On link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...hkkdmbfggdmefd

*Note: This Add-On is a little "buggy", such as some of the animation-effects and ui options not working at times. Overall, it's pretty cool however.....
    Last edited by YourNumbr1Fan; 18-06-2013, 20:43.

Re: Modern ui start page for Google Chrome (new metroTab)

Very cool Jimmy.. I will have to try 8 again soon :rockon:

Comment

Thank you Jimmy for this review, but i wanna be big apart from Windows 8 after lots of bad experiences with it, but i'm sure some Win8 users will find this very usefull thread, thank you for sharing it here my friend!
      If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

looks very good thanks for share Jimmy

Comment

Well, it's not just for Windows 8....It's for Google Chrome, on whatever os you're running.

Originally posted by Lamia View Post
          Thank you Jimmy for this review, but i wanna be big apart from Windows 8 after lots of bad experiences with it, but i'm sure some Win8 users will find this very usefull thread, thank you for sharing it here my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by YourNumbr1Fan View Post
            Well, it's not just for Windows 8....It's for Google Chrome, on whatever os you're running.
            Other words what i want to say after windows 8 dont wanna have any design that will remind me of windows 8 os.... hehehe, but hey it's amazing work no metter what i say!
            If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

Look very nice, thanks for the share!

Comment

seems nice

Comment

Working...
                X