Announcement

Collapse

We've updated our Privacy Policy in response to the new data privacy standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with GDPR.
Meaning:
All new members have to agree on registration that we store some of your personal data like emails,names,ip addresses in our database.
If you have further questions about the new GDPR rules you can use the Contact Us link below the forum.
These updates will take effect on May 25, 2018 and by using MegaThemer.net on or after that date, you'll be agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.
See more
See less

Avast Internet Security

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avast Internet Security

If any of you have AIS, do not ever call for support. I just got off a session with this guy who totally messed up my AIS. You wil get better support from their Forum.

Re: Avast Internet Security

Thanks for the info
    MEGATHEMER​

Comment

i use "microsoft security essentials" and the reason is, who knows windows better than windows?
      On the plus side its free and not no ads or pop ups like other free av's :good2:

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
      "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

Originally posted by Termínator View Post
        i use "microsoft security essentials" and the reason is, who knows windows better than windows?
        On the plus side its free and not no ads or pop ups like other free av's :good2:
        You may want to know that MSE is rated at the bottom of AV programs.

Comment

i have tried nearly all AV's, i used to like avast when it first came out, but i have used MSE for about 5 years now.
          I hate the thought if you buy a pc with operating system or just buy windows, you then hav to subscribe to an AV. If you buy a portable radio you expect it to work hence the antenna that comes with it built in.

But Gary my friend, just stay off the dodgy sites and you will be fine :JC-ROFL:

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
          "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

I do stay off the dodgy sites and I don't have to use Windows Inadequate Firewall. But to each his own, there are users out there with no AV installed. This is causing problems for everyone.

Comment

i had avast at one time,but the program was giving me problems with custom themes and other programs as i recall. i also use microsoft now. and i must say that rating or no rating it is one of the best ive ever had, and can hold its own up against avast or any other out there.:good2:

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

I am using AIS 2014.9.0.2018. It has only been out since April 17th. I have no problems with it and Custom Themes.

Comment

I on Kaspersky Internet security all good here brothers :happy-smilie:

Comment

thnx gary for the info

Sig & Avatar made by Cybacreep
                    .....HAPPY DAYS.....

Comment

Originally posted by CybaCreep View Post
                      I on Kaspersky Internet security all good here brothers :happy-smilie:
                      I used KIS in the past and it is solid, but for me being retired it just costs too much. I get AIS for $29.00 per year for up to three machines. KIS is $79.00 . AIS does the job and actually is rated higher by some.

Comment

Originally posted by Termínator View Post
                        and who better to spy on you, because you just handed the rest of your computer security over to microsour. as far as i'm concerned bitdefender, adwcleaner, malwarebytes, winpatrol.
                        sigpic

Comment

First of all the best antivirus is the one standing in front of the desktop.
                          Most phishing attacks and penetrations are made through browser.Browser in place, a firewall, antivirus MSE is enough and attention to one's file size download will save you much trouble.:kez_15:

Sig & Avatar created by Master Cybacreep..

Comment

Originally posted by uncle marci View Post
                            First of all the best antivirus is the one standing in front of the desktop.
                            Most phishing attacks and penetrations are made through browser.Browser in place, a firewall, antivirus MSE is enough and attention to one's file size download will save you much trouble.:kez_15:
                            That is where 99% of all PC problems occur.

Comment

I'm set on PC security, since you say that with a decent browser and navigate in place I escaped many necazuri.poate not believe you, but do not format my Pc years using Windows OS.

Sig & Avatar created by Master Cybacreep..

Comment

Working...
                              X