Big Fan -beta version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Fan -beta version

I have been working on a new theme based on Big Fan wallpaper by CybaCreep.
    I haven't had much time to work on it lately but I did get most of the RM skin finished.
    I thought some of you might like to try it out now so here is a beta version.
    The layout is not set in the installer so you will have to drag everything into place
    as per the preview.(wallpaper is in the .zip)
    A couple of things to note
    -for this beta version only 2 rss feeds are turned on-you can enable 8 more at the bottom of the config menu.
    -in the final version there will also be a system info skin which will have,cpu,ram,etc.
    -the final version will also have an even crazier door animation but you will have to wait for that!

Screenshot (102).png
    Screenshot (103).png

here is what the buttons do

Screenshot (104).png
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gsw953; 02-11-2013, 22:25.

Re: Big Fan -beta version

Just stunning Thanks :first: you did a awesome job on this

Comment

Great work on this,like it very much :good2:

Comment

Looks great Greg

Comment

Now I know that some of you are being stubborn and are just placating us Rainmeter designers with a "Good Job" reply and you don't even have RM installed and never have. Now get off your cans and download the program just to try out this awesome skin that Greg made. There is no good excuse! It's a very small program and it takes very little strength to run it.

Greg really did an awesome job on this skin! It has changed so much since the first beta he showed me earlier this week. Now actually download this skin and try it out because if my skins didn't draw you into Rainmeter then his awesome skin will!!! Plus, my new one is coming SOON and you will have to try it out!!!!!!!!! I will know if you don't!!!

Comment

Greg ( @gsw953: ) This is very well the coolest setup, and most usable desktop I've ever seen.
            Once again, the possibilities with RM seem to be endless.

Tried this out right away and there's a couple of Q's.
            S1.png
            My resolution must be different but I guess I can edit the .ini to change the fan size, right?
            When Gmail opens is it suppose to have you signed in automatically? I entered my credentials where I think they go in the config tool under UName, & UPass.. Clicked on the gmail icon to open the browser, and still needed to sign in.
            And what is the option for 'on/off' ???
            Also, you prob already know this, but when you save a change in the config tool, it closes the doors???

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Originally posted by Ionstorm View Post
              Now get off your cans and download the program just to try out this awesome skin that Greg made. There is no good excuse! It's a very small program and it takes very little strength to run it.
              New Rules starts tomorrow..
              All members must post a RM screen shot by end of month.. HEHEHEHE..
              Greg did re-set the bar on this one didn't he? And your right about how easy RM is to open and run. When I 1st ran it I thought it was confusing but really, it turns out very simple.. Just open the menu, double click on the .ini file in the nav pane, or highlight the .ini file and click on 'Load' over to the right.

Comment

nice work thank you cant wait for the final version

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                  Greg ( gsw953 ) This is very well the coolest setup, and most usable desktop I've ever seen.
                  Once again, the possibilities with RM seem to be endless.

Tried this out right away and there's a couple of Q's.
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]2783[/ATTACH]
                  My resolution must be different but I guess I can edit the .ini to change the fan size, right?
                  When Gmail opens is it suppose to have you signed in automatically? I entered my credentials where I think they go in the config tool under UName, & UPass.. Clicked on the gmail icon to open the browser, and still needed to sign in.
                  And what is the option for 'on/off' ???
                  Also, you prob already know this, but when you save a change in the config tool, it closes the doors???
                  Jack ,in the fan.in,just add
                  W=
                  H=
                  to the [background] meter
                  The fan is 500x500 now so from your screenshot I would think
                  you would need to be about 565x565 maybe
                  so make W=565 and H=565 and see.
                  Oops I removed my gmail info now,
                  the on\off option will turn on 8 more rss feeds,change the 1 to 0 to turn them on.
                  Yes setting the config refreshes all

Comment

@gsw953:,
                    Ya, the height & width is familiar, no problem.. Thanks again.
                    Oh, and is the UName, &UPass where we add our own GMail sign in credentials?
                    And is it suppose to sign us right in, of just open the Google sign in page and enter the credentials again? Cause the first time I tried it, I had to enter them again in the browser..

Comment

@HammerJack:,I will probably add the W & H for the fan.ini to the config menu in the final version.
                      But the beta 3 version of RM I am using has a bug when resizing images with W & H so I left most of those off
                      the meters.The gmail should just show you if you have new emails and not actually sign you in

Comment

Wow Greg! This is fantastic brotha! I can't believe it!! :OMG:

Comment

gsw953,
                          Thanks Greg, and I can add the H & W to this copy now with no problems.
                          Changed it larger for your background. Had to go up around 565x565;
                          S1.png

And left it as-is for another BG;
                          S3.png

It's amazing how versatile it is..

S2.png

And why would my mail count be at 146??? When I checked I don't have any unread???
                          Last edited by HammerJack; 03-11-2013, 03:17.

Comment

@HammerJack:,Wow it looks cool in green!
                            I hope you didn't have trouble changing any of the text colors,the .ini are kinda a mess still :LOL1:
                            Not sure about the mail thing,could it be tell you how many are in your inbox?
                            I will do some testing here.
                            Also now that you added the W= and H= could you have a look in your Resource Monitor
                            and see what the Rainmeter.exe is doing?When I had it added before it was making the cpu
                            jump between 2 and 4 %.Without out them added and with the doors open and the fan on
                            the skin seems to hover pretty close to 0

Comment

@HammerJack: looks Great when due to come out

Comment

Working...
                              X