Announcement

Collapse

We've updated our Privacy Policy in response to the new data privacy standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with GDPR.
Meaning:
All new members have to agree on registration that we store some of your personal data like emails,names,ip addresses in our database.
If you have further questions about the new GDPR rules you can use the Contact Us link below the forum.
These updates will take effect on May 25, 2018 and by using MegaThemer.net on or after that date, you'll be agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.
See more
See less

How to patch your system with 7tsp...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to patch your system with 7tsp...

- 7tsp is a System File Patcher which allows you to customize Windows in a simple way with just few mouse clicks.
    - Although primarily a Windows 7 patcher, 7tsp also works properly on Windows 8.
    - These are universal packs and work on both 32bit (x86) and 64bit (x64) architectures.
    - The 7Tsp patcher will back up the original (current) system files, and patch your Windows 7 with a resource pack.
    - It will not replace any system files. It will only add the modifications (icon/bitmap/png resources only) to your existing files.
    - It is recommended to install this on a clean system when using any 7tsp installer.
    - These packs can be installed on top of one another, but it is better to restore the system using 7tsp before installing another pack.

Here’s a tutorial which explains how you can patch your system with a custom Theme Pack using 7tsp.
    Basically it comes down to three steps.
    Preview1.png

Step1.png
    - So the first thing you should do is choose a theme pack of your choice.
    (You do not have to extract the packs, just download them and select the file in the 7Tsp window.)

Take a look at the GUI screen shot below.

Here you add and remove theme packs.
    To select a pack, click on ‘Add a Custom Pack’ and the patcher will load
    the pack you’ve chosen. It will show some previews (if provided).
    You can click on these images to enlarge them.

Preview2.png

Step2.png
    - Now you can set your preferences.
    Next to the previews of the Logon Screen, Side Panel and Menu Start Orb
    there’s a check box to specify whether you want these elements to be
    patched and a button which lets you choose a custom image.

The Options menu can be reached through the Gear button between the progress bar
    and the ‘Start Patching’ button or through Extra.
    Here you can specify if you want specific elements to be patched or not like the Visual Style,
    Task Manager colors, fonts, sounds, etc.
    Options will be grayed out when the respective files are not provided by the Pack.

Preview3.png

Step3.png
    - Once you’ve gone through all the settings, the only thing left to do is hit “Start Patching”!
    The patcher will provide an overview of all the selected settings so you can check them one last time.
    When everything is OK, just click on Yes and the patching will begin.
    You can follow the progress in the GUI and after the work is done, the patcher will ask you
    to restart your system so all changes can take full effect.
    It is recommended to restart your system a second time also.

Preview4.png

After patching:
    In the Restore menu you can choose from three options.
    The first option restores all modified system files back to how they were before 7tsp was first used.
    The second and third option will restore these files to Windows default.
    So any modifications made before you used 7tsp will also be gone.
    You can choose to restore all system files or just a single file back to default.
    These options can also be reached through ‘Program’.

Preview5.png

Here you can also clean the icon cache when not all of the modified icons have changed after patching or restoring.
    (If you have more than one user account, you should refresh the icon cache once on every account)

- View topic - [Tutorial] How to patch your system with 7tsp.

- Download 7tsp - [HERE].
    Last edited by HammerJack; 01-03-2015, 13:53.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Re: How to patch your system with 7tsp...

thanks for the tag.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Also as always it's a good idea to make a full back-up just in case something weird happens. I re-installed my OS 2 times in the last couple weeks while adding packs while using the change logon screen option. Can't say it was the app as it probably wasn't but still it's always a good idea to to back-up your OS before using this or any app to change system files. Nice tut as well, thanks for taking the time to post this up for all to use

Comment

very good tut. thanks Jack

Comment

Top job on this Jack will help lot of people out :thank_you:

Comment

Very usefull for new user, thank you for this amazing tutorial HJ!
            If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

thanks for the update jack your the best.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Thank you for this tutorial,for sure this will help to new members.:good2:
                Well done man.

Comment

A very nice and easy guide, I had initially been struggling, with this method everything is made easy.

Comment

Re: Windows 7 Theme NVIDIA ULTIMATE By Tiger & gsw953 & TheBull For CTX & MegaThemer

why i get this when i try to patch the icons? please help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Re: Windows 7 Theme NVIDIA ULTIMATE By Tiger & gsw953 & TheBull For CTX & MegaThemer

Originally posted by Carlos1234 View Post

Please, go and download installer version of 7tsp source patcher here

Also when you adding a 7tsp icon pack make sure that you select right pack.

Watch this tutorial how to install 7tsp icon pakc on Win7.

Comment

i'm sorry but still not working. Untill now i've done exactly that. The program doesn't see the archive and i can't select it. And if i write the name it gives me an error.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Carlos1234; 27-06-2014, 21:37.

Comment

Since this theme does't come with an icon pack,what icon pack are you talking about

Comment

HUD Green Icon Pack Win 7 . I know that isn't in the package but i want to change the icons also like in his video. Check 4:25
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Carlos1234; 29-06-2014, 03:31.

Comment

HUD Green Icon Pack Win 7
                              All information about the 7Tsp application (plus tutorial) [HERE].
                              Last edited by CybaCreep; 29-06-2014, 03:31.

Comment

Working...
                              X