Need Help with 7tsp !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help with 7tsp !

god knows what im doing , this 7tsp seems to be more hassle then its worth ! ive spent nearly most of the day replacng icons to imagers file and the like with RES hacker .. zipped the custom icon packup with .7z , ive opened 7tsp up to add the custom icon pack and it doesnt see the zipped file on my desktop ... what is going on .. lol :nothingtoadd: :punish1: :kez_15:

Re: Need Help with 7tsp !

what did you can the file?it needs to be named right for 7tsp to see it

(Edited by staff)
    Should read: "What did you name the file?"
    Last edited by HammerJack; 04-07-2014, 05:40. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by gsw953 View Post
      what did you can the file?it needs to be named right for 7tsp to see it
      ive tried .7z , ive named it 7tsp, and also zip non work

Comment

this does my head in 7tsp there is no tutorial in making icon packs .. you just have to copy an old icon pack and replace images with numbers to them god knows what half of them are as they are no labeled so your sort of guessing what is a document file to what is an icon for document folder , ive tried registering at the site 7tsp was made but cant , 7 times each saying my email is spam , contacted admin no answer .. im only able to see images from the imagers file with res hacker , if i try restorator most 96% says the icon is corrupt , its really doing my nut in , ive deleted my icon pack and thought id re do it .. anybody got name for the numbers that show up in res hacker .. like 54 and 55 is the recycle bin because il be adding some icons to an existing theme which i like but many icon the file system which i don't like , infact how do you do an icon pack from scratch and then pack it up , there is no help anywhere for that simple task

Comment

here is one,there is a better one but I can't find where I bookmarked it
          http://windows7themes.net/en-us/list...-imageres-dll/
          also HammerJack's packs are some of the most complete ones,if you want a pack to work off of
          Last edited by gsw953; 04-07-2014, 03:56.

Comment

Originally posted by formula View Post
            send it to me or Jack

Comment

Originally posted by gsw953 View Post
              here is one,there is a better one but I can't find where I bookmarked it
              http://windows7themes.net/en-us/list...-imageres-dll/
              also HammerJack's packs are some of the most complete ones,if you want a pack to work off of
              superb that will be a great help ... now can you tell me how to pack them up .. lol

Comment

I posted this for Gary a few days ago,it might help you http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...ll=1#post40010

Comment

your a star ... !

Comment

this 7tsp seems to be more hassle then its worth ! ive spent nearly most of the day replacng icons to imagers file and the like with RES hacker ..
                    LOL,
                    I am right there with ya bud.
                    Been there done that and have 2 tee-shirts to prove it.. :LOL1:

Spent hours on hours packing the .res files and then the app would not recognize it when trying to load it..
                    Come to find out................... It is NOT the file EXTENSION, but it is the name.. What I mean is the name of your pack HAS TO BEGIN WITH -> 7TSP
                    In other words something like the following; 7Tsp_My_Custom_IconPack

Any more questions just shout.

PS,
                    You are very right about the lack of toots on the web. Believe me if/when I get the time that is one thing on my to-do list...

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                      LOL,
                      I am right there with ya bud.
                      Been there done that and have 2 tee-shirts to prove it.. :LOL1:

Spent hours on hours packing the .res files and then the app would not recognize it when trying to load it..
                      Come to find out................... It is NOT the file EXTENSION, but it is the name.. What I mean is the name of your pack HAS TO BEGIN WITH -> 7TSP
                      In other words something like the following; 7Tsp_My_Custom_IconPack

Any more questions just shout.

PS,
                      You are very right about the lack of toots on the web. Believe me if/when I get the time that is one thing on my to-do list...

thanks Jack i was getting to a stage of banging my head against the wall .. lol anyway i re did it again .. lol 4 times now .. lol finally got it to work , although why does restorator play nice with the imagers files , says the icons in the file are corrupt 99% of the time and res hacker throws errors up from time time something about resources when your replacing icon files to imagers files .. anyway its all done now il have to remember that tip about the naming files on zipping them up ... i need your brain at the side of me .. lol

Comment

res hacker throws errors up from time time something about resources when your replacing icon files to imagers files
                        Now that is a new one for me, lol..
                        I typically just use Restorator when doing this and I have not seen any error messages like you describe.
                        Another tip is to work off your desktop, as opposed to the system root/root directory. In other words make a copy of the imageres.dll and place it on your desktop & work from that one..

Comment

cant even use restorator 95 % of the icons say corrupt , have reverted back to iconpackager , this 7tsp is more hassle then it worth .. there is no proper guide there is no icon maps for people who would like to know just what icon 20 or 34 is , ie icon 20 is music folder or 34 is WMA file type .. lack of support

update going back to 7tsp :wacko2: going to try and find if somebody bothered to label icons with number and name and what file its associated to , in imageres file there is plenty of icons you have not seen before or cant relate to your system that is so called say number 12 ? half hearted program put together here ... it relies on someone from microsoft that actually can determine i file by looking at imageres file :punish1:
                          Last edited by formula; 06-07-2014, 04:07.

Comment

also found out what is wrong with iconpackager for 64x win 7 .. win7 64 refers to the shell32 images from wow64 folder or something like that where iconpackager cant handle it , there is a work around altering the registry to point win7 to the 32bit shell but i dont want to balls my system up

Comment

cant even use restorator 95 % of the icons say corrupt
                              Again I have never heard of this, nor experienced this myself.
                              If I can help more with this just post me a screenshot of what you are doing, or even better yet attach the imageres.dll file in your next post and let me take a look at it.

there is no proper guide there is no icon maps for people who would like to know just what icon 20 or 34 is , ie icon 20 is music folder or 34 is WMA file type .. lack of support
                              Well you know that Microsoft is surely not going to post anything that instructs people how to match their own icons to a Windows icon.
                              Matching icon numbers to Windows is not going to happen with the designers of Restorator either. And surely the Stardock people don't want you to do that because they want you to purchase their IconPackager app.
                              So it is basically up to the people who want to mod their desktop to figure it out on their own. When I first starting looking at the resources (icons) in the imageres.dll I thought the same thing as you are now. Some of them were real obvious like the live folders, recycle bin, personal doc, etc, etc... For me it just took lots of time to finally get to the place that I could find an imagers icon number for the icon in Windows I wanted to change. In other words I would see an icon that I wanted to change in Windows like the little computer icon you see in the nav bar when Control Panel is open;

First I would look for that icon in the imageres to find it's resource number. Then mod that number in my custom pack & verify that it got changed or not on my desktop.. After doing a complete icon pack for the imageres.dll you just get to know the DLL inside and out.

And then there are many icons in the imageres that don't really need to be customized. Even if you changed every single one you probably would not notice where they are all located when Windows is running. Some of those icons I have never noticed on my machine when running so why mess with them?

All that said the bottom line is just change the main icons and don't worry bout the rest.. This type of work is really only for the hard core peeps who want the ultimate pay off.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X