Announcement

Collapse

We've updated our Privacy Policy in response to the new data privacy standards introduced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)

We have updated our Privacy Policy to comply with GDPR.
Meaning:
All new members have to agree on registration that we store some of your personal data like emails,names,ip addresses in our database.
If you have further questions about the new GDPR rules you can use the Contact Us link below the forum.
These updates will take effect on May 25, 2018 and by using MegaThemer.net on or after that date, you'll be agreeing to our new Privacy Policy.
See more
See less

The Techno Effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Techno Effect

After making a new document (in this example 350x350 pixels) you find "Channels" view by clicking the tab "channels" at the top of your layers-view (press F7 if you don't see the layers overview). Add a new channel to the channel overview by clicking the "create new channel" button at the bottom of the overview.

Select a big brush and make a nice smooth shape in this channel. I made a simple stroke, but this could be any shape you want.

This is my shape:

Make sure you have selected the channel with your shape and select the "Color Halftone" effect in the effectoverview.

The default settings are ok. Make sure they match these settings:

If everything is ok you'll get something like this:

Get back to the layeroverview and create a new layer.

Load your selection in the new layer like this:

Select the channel in wich you drew your shape and click OK.

You'll get the following selection:

Choose a color and fill the selection with this color (i choose light blue). This is easilly done by pressing CTRL-BACKSPACE on your keyboard.

To make thing even cooler, you can add an "inner shadow" layer effect. Add a layer effect by right-clicking on the layer and choosing "Blending Options...". Use these settings:

may be useful :D

Re: The Techno Effect

What does it look like with the last setting applied? I'm sorta curious.

Comment

Re: The Techno Effect

good work, keep it up

Comment

Very nice walkthrough! simple and easy to follow!

Comment

Thanks for this

Comment

Working...
          X