Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or another forum software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or another forum software?

Upgrade to vBulletin 5!
    71.43%
    Switch to Xenforo!
    0%
    Stay on the version we are using now!
    0%
    Another forum software...please add your choice in your reply!
    14.29%
    Don't know?
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Hello dear MT'ers,

I have to make a decision regarding the upload/image problems we encounter the last 2 months!

I need feedback from all of you and my questions is:

Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or should we switch to another forum software,like Xenforo?

The problem with this vB 4 version we use now is the lack on support and regular updates/fixes
    and the updates and support for this version will stop maybe next year!

Anyway if we decide to switch we will lose a lot of money because the paid/pro addons and forum skins are not compatible with vB 5 or Xenforo!

In fact we will have to purchase/buy everything new again or update the paid addons!
    The forum skins we will lose because the designer of those skins is like the vB guys he never updates his skins lol!

So help me out here guys and gals i have pulled my hair out and tried everyday to find a solution/fix with no results so far!

I will add a poll so you all can vote but please leave some feedback to!
    Thanks!

• CybaCreep
    replied
    Will put one on now thanks John

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by CybaCreep View Post

You have done well John i like it
    Thanks brother...now you need to upload another Avatar and Signature because i could not recover the avatars and sigs or import them in the new update!

Leave a comment:

• CybaCreep
    replied
    Originally posted by Megabink View Post

And John how do you like the site so far?...still a lot to do!
    You have done well John i like it

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by CybaCreep View Post
    There is some nice looking skins
    And John how do you like the site so far?...still a lot to do!

Leave a comment:

• CybaCreep
    replied
    There is some nice looking skins

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by HammerJack View Post

Ya, I am going to go back there and go thru that list of 22 and see if any of the gamers skins are included. I briefly browsed the selection and was very impressed with at least 4 skins. Looks like Logos are interchangeable, and some had the transparent BG's...
    Yes i am also impressed especially for that price lol!

Leave a comment:

• HammerJack
    replied

Damn man i was there for an half hour ago lol...he has an offer 22 skins for 50$ and some of them are really cool!
    Ya, I am going to go back there and go thru that list of 22 and see if any of the gamers skins are included. I briefly browsed the selection and was very impressed with at least 4 skins. Looks like Logos are interchangeable, and some had the transparent BG's...
    Last edited by HammerJack; 05-12-2014, 07:11.

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
    Man.. The editor is just blank white boxes, lol... At least you can hover over the boxes and the text pops up...

Well John. I just went surfing and guess what I just came across?
    When you get time, you gotta check out these skins for VB5..
    The link is here -> http://www.sultantheme.com/vb5connec.../social-groups
    And it is a test forum setup just to view skins. As normal, you can go down to the bottom left and see/select all the skins. Then load them to view. And of course they are all for sale..
    Let me know your thoughts please. I gotta do something about this white skin before I go nucking futs, lol...
    Damn man i was there for an half hour ago lol...he has an offer 22 skins for 50$ and some of them are really cool!

Leave a comment:

• HammerJack
    replied
    Man.. The editor is just blank white boxes, lol... At least you can hover over the boxes and the text pops up...

Well John. I just went surfing and guess what I just came across?
    When you get time, you gotta check out these skins for VB5..
    The link is here -> http://www.sultantheme.com/vb5connec.../social-groups
    And it is a test forum setup just to view skins. As normal, you can go down to the bottom left and see/select all the skins. Then load them to view. And of course they are all for sale..
    Let me know your thoughts please. I gotta do something about this white skin before I go nucking futs, lol...

Leave a comment:

• HammerJack
    replied

Thanks brother...it took me 9 hours to get everything in place and i have still a lot to do!
    But we have our images back yeaaah!
    Looks like even more time than that to get things useable?
    UCP, and settings page looks like a nightmare, lol...

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    @Megabink ,

Great beloved Brother! You made it! Choose to be happy! Sure, now it is much to do... but it is always much to do.
    So, its like a brand new car now, heya! ...and now comes the tuning work! Thank you very, very much John, I am sure everyone appreciate you have done it!

Be always blessed and in Peace!
    Thanks brother...it took me 9 hours to get everything in place and i have still a lot to do!
    But we have our images back yeaaah!

Leave a comment:

• Tiger
    replied
    @Megabink ,

Great beloved Brother! You made it! Choose to be happy! Sure, now it is much to do... but it is always much to do.
    So, its like a brand new car now, heya! ...and now comes the tuning work! Thank you very, very much John, I am sure everyone appreciate you have done it!

Be always blessed and in Peace!

Leave a comment:

• Megabink
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5012 View Post
    I would like to suggest using Invision Power Board or Xenforo over vBulletin, just a thought. I have used IPB for my sites over the last 5-6 years and highly recommend it. Xenforo is newer and bases a lot of ideas from both vB and IPB.
    To late now i have installed vB 5 but your feedback is welcome buddy thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Bry5012
    replied
    I would like to suggest using Invision Power Board or Xenforo over vBulletin, just a thought. I have used IPB for my sites over the last 5-6 years and highly recommend it. Xenforo is newer and bases a lot of ideas from both vB and IPB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X