google-site-verification: google85645e17284a1a34.html Forum Tips ~ Mention Feature - Windows 7-8 Custom Themes - MegaThemer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Tips ~ Mention Feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Tips ~ Mention Feature

Banner_Mentions.png

When you type the @ symbol in front of a members name while composing a message in MegaThemer's editor,
    Vbulletin creates an active notice for that member and sends a new notification to their User Profile page.
    Or vice Versa, when someone Mentions you, a new notification will appear inside your Activity page.

( Click to enlarge)
    1Mentions.jpg

Tip
    Sometimes a members name does not appear as a mention, or become active.
    First double check your spelling.
    It may be because vBulletin does not recognize the characters. For example member ☣696☣.
    You can still manually create a mention notice for these special scenarios by following the instructions below

1 ) ... Navigate to that members profile page and look at the .url address in the address bar in your browser.
    You will see a member's 'ID Number' right before their name at the end of the address.
    Notice the ID number of 1311 in the following string;
    http://www.megathemer.net/member/1311-☣696☣

1Member_Address.jpg

2 ) ... Copy that members 'ID Number' and paste/type it in the following string after the word -> USER=".
    Like so; {USER="1311"}MEMBER NAME HERE{/USER}
    *NOTE* My brackets in the above string are not the correct brackets you will need to use.
    Instead of the curly { } brcakets, you will actaully need to use the square [ ] brackets in your posting.
    I am using these for demonstration because you would not be able to read my example with bbcode, after I posted.

3 ) ... Now add their name in the same string where the user name is suppose to appear.
    Like so; {USER="1311"}☣696☣{/USER}
    The name you insert in between the brackets [ ] can be their actual name or any name you wish.
    For example; {USER="1311"}Late For Supper{/USER}

4 ) ... Just paste this string into the editor and save/post.

Alt Codes can also be used for special characters but don't be surprised if vBulletin does NOT recognize them, and not allow them in your posting.

Read more about Alt Codes;
    Download written instructions/screen shots below.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 19-03-2015, 06:35.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

This is the very 1st of many more Forum tips Topics to follow.
    Please follow the updates and bookmark for future reference.

And please post any special requests you may have and I will do my best to follow up on them asap.
    At this time I want to focus on the functions of our editor because it affects so many of us.
    Especially with the new vB there are quite a few changes.
    Thanks...

beagleman, chevy350, CybaCreep, deviantdon, gsw953, Ionstorm, Megabink, POWEREDBYOSTX, TheBull, Tiger, Vigoni, YourNumbr1Fan, ☣696☣, -TerminatoR-, 146, abdo70, Aeon1337, arunis1234, awpergate21, bbosa, Beatbox, Black_Diamond, blingydaclown, borstalsmurf, Bry5012, BuffaloJoe, bumer83, c0rrupt0r, cafs71, ChaosTRex, Creator, Cyph1n, DaemonCantor, dandan, Danice, Designfjotten, deviantdonswifey, Devil0887, Dicehunter, Dimzin, everdin, evil_cat, faizalotai, FASCA123, FlyingDragon, freak69ize, hamzur, hellx, IceBabee, Icramis, intothelightz10, JacksMafia, julienth37, k-c-c, KaddirB, KatiSiark, kbabe, kenj220, lahercoll, Lamia, max68, MaxxOmega, mike 59, mistersingh, Mr-Blade, Mr351837, mVs.Wolfe, NERD420Elite, NOFX1994, ONE MAN ARMY, rangel#, ratanbose, robin, Rz___7, , samirpa, Sc0uT1.0, Scrapped, sead79, Semtex, sete, sivispacem, Smokey, stan1023, stu2014, SwitchBlade, Terminator, The Nude Dude, Thhaque, uncle marci, vikikartoos, Vlad96ru, Wu187, Xenomorph, yayegus, zapxcero, Zippy, zyppy_20, Gary
    Last edited by HammerJack; 03-02-2015, 14:30.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

• mistersingh
      mistersingh commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow, thanks for this helpful post brother. From the day we have jumped to vb5 i was not getting tags. Now i think i will get mention notification. Thanks once again.
      Love to all.

HammerJack

Great forum tip and well explained this will for sure help our members especially the new members!
    Thanks for your input brother.

Comment

This is great stuff HammerJack

Comment

Thanks for this useful information

Comment

thanks for the great tip, and just a small tip = if you have a coffee in one hand and a cupcake in the other do NOT try and type the with your nose if you are wearing a hat with a peak or scoup - ALLWAYS turn the hat around first

Windows 10 pro 64bit MD FX 8350 4.2gb
          Asus M5A78L-M USB3 ASUS Xonar Sound Card ASUS DVD/RW Litescribe Burner
          ASUS ROG Claymore Mechanical Keyboard ASUS ROG Spartha Mouse
          ASUS Cerberus Headset OCZ VERTEX 4 SSD 128gig
          2 X 500gb Samsung Sata II 16gb DDR3 1600mhz Memory
          Nvidia GTX 1060 oc Graphics Card
          Acer XB240H Gsync 144hz 24" Monitor
          Technics 7.1 x 100w Amp

Comment

Jack. I'm sure this will help out a lot of the members that didn't know about mentions

Comment

• Designfjotten
              Designfjotten commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, it sure will, like me :D hihi

Awesome brother, great info my friend :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

thanks jack will be helpful

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Thanks for this useful information brother Jack. It's so much important and useful for forum browsing i think!

!!! - May Live Long MegaThemer - !!!

Comment

Thanks for the great post, very helpful !

Comment

good,very good

Comment

Working...
                    X