Stardock Iconpackager !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stardock Iconpackager !

Now i know that stardock dont update there software very often and dont really offer that much support as they know iconpackager and object dock need badly updating , but i was wondering if you guys here maybe know a work around or something ? now my question is .. why doesn't Iconpackager work or play nice with Win7 X64 ... dont get me wrong it does work sort of but it goes a bit mad now and again where you set a particular icon lets say a hard drive icon and apply it then you look in my computer and the icon isnt the one you set and no matter how much you try to correct it still reverts .. anyone got an idea

Re: Stardock Iconpackager !

problem is in icon pack. For me 5 years ago works without any trouble in same windows 7 ultimate x64.
    sigpic

Comment

I used icon packager long time ago and I didn't have any problems. I have tagged my list of friends so my know answer.

Comment

I just use &tsp Icon packs. I don't use any StarDock products.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
          I just use &tsp Icon packs. I don't use any StarDock products.
          what is that gary ? is it a program or self installing icons , is it customizable

Comment

Originally posted by formula View Post
            what is that gary ? is it a program or self installing icons , is it customizable
            is an icon changer automator like iconpackager but the app is better and have more features than the icon packeger.
            sigpic

Comment

is it a program or self installing icons , is it customizable

- 7tsp is a System File Patcher which allows you to customize Windows in a simple way with just few mouse clicks.

- All information about the 7Tsp application (plus tutorial) is in another thread [HERE].

- Download the 7Tsp application [HERE].

PS, Some icons are changed with a registry setting. I know on my Windows 7 (x64) I change my hard drive icons using a tutorial I found over at sevenforum.com.. Read more [HERE].

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                - 7tsp is a System File Patcher which allows you to customize Windows in a simple way with just few mouse clicks.

- All information about the 7Tsp application (plus tutorial) is in another thread [HERE].

- Download the 7Tsp application [HERE].

PS, Some icons are changed with a registry setting. I know on my Windows 7 (x64) I change my hard drive icons using a tutorial I found over at sevenforum.com.. Read more [HERE].

ive been looking at it , im trying to make a custom icon pack , this program already want an icon pack to load .. where icon pakager allows you to edit windows default on the fly and then apply it and also package it up as a theme

Comment

this program already want an icon pack to load .. where iconpackager allows you to edit windows default on the fly and then apply it and also package it up as a theme

That's correct. Iconpackager has it's advantages, and 7Tsp has some of it's own.

You can change more icons with a 7Tsp pack, and they are very customizable, but you just cannot change on the fly like you mentioned above using Iconpackager.

Right now we do not have a thread here to explain how to make a 7Tsp pack, but if you need more info on how to create a .res file for this app, just let me know and I will explain.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

thanks for that jack very kind of you ! ..

Comment

It is a program that will install icons OMG that was a typo should have read 7tsp as shown below: It is also free.

http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...her-%287Tsp%29
                      Last edited by Gary; 29-06-2014, 02:13.

Comment

I still find manually editing the icons in the shell32.dll and the imageres.dll (or any .dll with icons in it),to be the most
                        complete way to get them all changed

Comment

sorry but icon packager isn't worth the time and effort. i'd put it in the same class as tuneup utilities these days, and that class would be the useless category. i agree that either 7tsp pack, or edit by hand. me personally i'd be editing if there was a decent tutorial on how to do it icon by icon. now if you want to try one more thing with icon packager, rightclick it's shortcut, properties, compatibility tab, set for vista sp1.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sorry I can't help ya there!

Sig By: Cybacreep

Comment

Working...
                            X