Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Just swap the data bases???
    Swapping the database will only give me lots of work because the posts,images,reputation etc... is not the same like the database we have now.
    This means i need to manually re-add all those things which will be work for months.
    Going true all the codes and settings will be also a lot of work but only a couple of weeks,i just need the time to start on this major task.

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post

That's because i am still trying to find a solution for the animated Avatar bug!
      Well I thought that I had it solved as you can see my avatar and sig do animate. The problem is that when I a make my own gif avatar it will not animate. Maybe some sort of ticket can be opened with the vBulletin folks to get this resolved. This is a forum that makes use of Graphics and one would think that this would have been fixed by now. Maybe knowing that premade gifs work will help in this effort.

Megabink

Comment

Well I thought that I had it solved as you can see my avatar and sig do animate. The problem is that when I a make my own gif avatar it will not animate. Maybe some sort of ticket can be opened with the vBulletin folks to get this resolved. This is a forum that makes use of Graphics and one would think that this would have been fixed by now. Maybe knowing that premade gifs work will help in this effort.

Megabink
        I already made a ticket there but it seems that other bugs are more important on their list than mine.
        I can't understand and i searched high and low why on my test site all animated Avatars and sig's work but not here meaning some of them does work and other not,
        Even the upload size is set to 35 mb for avatars and sig's so that would be more than enough.

Comment

• HammerJack
          HammerJack commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds like your on top of so keep us informed please.
          You right that it makes no sense. I uploaded a web graphic and it worked/animated, but my own creation did not. Resized every which way but loose and still no go?
          And then the one your running today was home made by yours truly, and it works/animates.

• Megabink
          Megabink commented
          Editing a comment
          I guess it has something to do with how many frames you use in the gif.
          The vB system resizes the avatar when you upload it and if it contains to many frames it will not work any longer or it could be when you not save your gif as web grapic in your photo editor.

This is what I am trying to use. You can see that it animates in a post.

Comment

This is what I am trying to use. You can see that it animates in a post.
          Try to resize it to 150x150 and save it as web graphic and try again.

Comment

• HammerJack
            HammerJack commented
            Editing a comment
            John is there a difference between a web graphic and a .gif? When you save it using PS, it say's it is for web use?

• Megabink
            Megabink commented
            Editing a comment
            No gif is gif i just meant that you should use that option to save the gif has or for web use...i always choose web use instead of the other options.
            That way the gif is optimized for showing correctly in browsers.

No diff, still does not work

Comment

I lost the original so you will have to put up with jack

Comment

This still is not fixed? Never thought a Gif/Avatar problem should take this long to figure out.

Comment

• Megabink
                Megabink commented
                Editing a comment
                Atm i am covered with work all over my head so i had not the time to figure out the or found a solution to fix the avatar problem.
                The vB guys will release soon an update which will fix a lot of forum bugs and i hope the avatar bug will be one of them.

Gary HammerJack CybaCreep beagleman Designfjotten Tiger

Good news it seems that the avatar bug is fixed with the latest vB upgrade....i have tested it and it works now.
              Let me know if you encounter any problems while uploading the avatar.
              Last edited by Megabink; 30-05-2016, 20:18.

Comment

• Megabink
                Megabink commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you tried to upload John?

It is still not working for me

Comment

It is still not working for me
                Can you upload the avatar here that you want to upload Gary....i want to to to see if i can upload them myself so i can pinpoint the problem.

Comment

Yes It is attached

Attached Files

Comment

Yes It is attached
                    Thanks i will do my best Gary.

Comment

Working...
                    X