google-site-verification: google85645e17284a1a34.html No Downloads for New & Rookie Members! - Windows 7-8 Custom Themes - MegaThemer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Downloads for New & Rookie Members!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Downloads for New & Rookie Members!

[CENTER]
    [COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=20px]For giving me no choice i had to add a system to limit the downloads and to add the section MT Premium also to force the Hit and Runners to follow our golden rule to show respect towards the forum and our designers!

Hit and Runners are people who download as much as they can and disappear and most
    of the time they just post/reply with a bunch of crap in our forum
    just that they can download something.

So this will go as followed,

New & Rookie Members

Once you have reached 5 posts on the forum '[/SIZE][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#ffd700][SIZE=20px]MT Rookie[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=20px]' member status will be automatically
    updated to '[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#008000][SIZE=20px][B]MT Member[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=20px]' and the download limitation will be gone!

[NOTE]In other words after post #6 you may download all you like!
    (Premium forum still requires a purchase)[/NOTE]

[COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=20px]The rest of our active Members will not be affected by this system![/SIZE][/COLOR]

If you want more features then there is MT Premium and you can find all details in the link below.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[URL="http://www.megathemer.net/payments.php"][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=28px]MT Premium[/SIZE][/COLOR][/URL]
    [/CENTER]
    Last edited by Megabink; 25-11-2018, 19:13.

Re: Limited Doawnloads for standard members!

This is a good thing:good2:

Comment

That's fair it really is.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

[SIZE=3]Sounds fair. Do you have a way of looking at who 'Hits & Runs?
        And is something like this notice mentioned when new members sign up? If they are blocked, there may be alot of questions to answer by the staff.
        [/SIZE]

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

im stupid!! lol. so does this mean that im limited to what i download?

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

[SIZE=3][QUOTE=deviantdon;5704]im stupid!! lol. so does this mean that im limited to what i download?[/QUOTE]

No way man.
            Aliens are excluded from the rule!!!:JC-ROFL:

Actually your post count is a bit over 50 at this time, something like 420, so your good to go.. :yahoo:
            [/SIZE]

Comment

Sounds Fair to me John :good2:

Comment

[QUOTE=HammerJack;5700][SIZE=3]Sounds fair. Do you have a way of looking at who 'Hits & Runs?
                And is something like this notice mentioned when new members sign up? If they are blocked, there may be alot of questions to answer by the staff.
                [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

No actually not i am trying to figure out on how we can announce this to new members on registration....but experience has learned me that the 90% of all new members don't bother to read notices or forum rules lol!

So yes there will be many questions towards staff about this but we only give answers and help to members who want to upgrade to MT Premium and the hit and runners have to find another place to download lol.

I don't care if we lose those hit and runners,i want this site to be taken serious and respected.
                Also the limited downloads and MT Premium is still in beta and it has to be fine tuned overtime.

I am also thinking and try to figure out a system to pay or share the profits MT makes together with our designers but that will be not for today or next year.
                First i need money to upgrade to a decent hosting plan because i have only 10gb disk space now and MT is growing fast now, once i have enough income with MT then i will share the profits with the designers.

So i have many future plans/ideas and i hope i can achieve them some day...i told this before i don't want MT to be big but respected and taken serious.
                Last edited by Megabink; 28-08-2013, 11:22.

Comment

[QUOTE=Megabink;5711]No actually not i am trying to figure out on how we can announce this to new members on registration....but experience has learned me that the 90% of all new members don't bother to read notices or forum rules lol![/QUOTE]
                  [SIZE=3]John I already see a welcome message posted on the walls of most members. This must be something automatically generated when they sign up, right? If this is the case can we edit, or add a line to that message about the download limits? One place members have to navigate to is their wall and it's more likely they will read something there.

And the plans sound great. You always have had a rep above repute in my book as long as I have known ya.

When you say you have 10GB disk space, this is space on a servers site that you lease/rent, or is this an actual disk you own & operate?

[/SIZE]

Comment

[MENTION=1]Megabink[/MENTION],
                    While I'm thinking about it.
                    What is the best way to view live activity here at MT?
                    At CTX there is the Live Wall tab at the top. (plus another shortcut I learned from you.)

Comment

[QUOTE=HammerJack;5722][SIZE=3]John I already see a welcome message posted on the walls of most members. This must be something automatically generated when they sign up, right? If this is the case can we edit, or add a line to that message about the download limits? One place members have to navigate to is their wall and it's more likely they will read something there.

And the plans sound great. You always have had a rep above repute in my book as long as I have known ya.

When you say you have 10GB disk space, this is space on a servers site that you lease/rent, or is this an actual disk you own & operate?

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Yes this is editable maybe you can make a nice welcome text and i will add it.

And to the other question...10gb disk space rented but this include forum files,vB software,attachments,pics etc...i have already used half part of it so i hope i can sit out another year to save some money lol.

And thanks for the kid words Jack you are also high on my list with respected people.

[QUOTE=HammerJack;5723][U][URL="http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/member.php?u=1"]Megabink[/URL][/U],
                      While I'm thinking about it.
                      What is the best way to view live activity here at MT?
                      At CTX there is the Live Wall tab at the top. (plus another shortcut I learned from you.)[/QUOTE]

I don't want to install the live wall mod it uses to much resources,but i am gonna install the one i learned you.
                      We have also the Activity stream [url]http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/activity.php[/url] but is standard build in vB.

Comment

[QUOTE=Megabink;5724]We have also the Activity stream [URL]http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/activity.php[/URL] but is standard build in vB.[/QUOTE]
                        [SIZE=3]Yip, that's the one I was thinking of.. Thanks again and will put some thought into a welcome message soon. [/SIZE]

Comment

Re: Limited Downloads for standard members!

This is a good thing. Most forums I'm on also have a post moderation until you hit a specific # of posts to cut down on spam and new members not checking out the rules, that way if they make a boo-boo on their post a mod can pm them and let them know what needs to be fixed and how. But all in all it's a very good plan and gesture for the designers in the future of this site :good2:

Comment

Re: Limited Downloads for standard members!

LoL thanks for the info and thanks to HammerJack for pointing me to here :good:
                            sigpic

Signature By CybaCreep

Comment

Re: Limited Downloads for New & Junior Members!

Oh,now I get it,thanks on thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X