Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Limited Downloads for New & Junior Members!

I totaly get why this is implemented, and yeah, I can already see that I'll be pretty interested in the site and probably very easily make 10 posts, just thought I should bring up the fact though that 1. On the first day your download limit is already reached (as mentioned before), and 2. After waiting for the second day to download a theme I've been after it just suddenly stopped with "unknown network error". I'm using google chrome to download, my net is stable and i download tons of other stuff with no problem. Anyhoo, I'll go ahead and check out all the other cool stuff on the site (I'm amazed by some of the things I've seen so far) while having as much fun as I can till I reached my 10 posts. Anxious to give that warcraft theme from Bull a go though :D

Comment

New themers won't bother searching for a sticky about +10 posts, but maybe that's the idea? I've never been able to download a single file, personally... logging in, getting spammed with pops seems to be count as my 1 file through Vbull... an actual download attempt redirects to check in 4-5 days later. Just sharing my experience as a new member... going to be tough to attract upcoming contributors this way imho.

Comment

http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/showthr...Junior-Members! Please read this.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by Jtag95 View Post
          New themers won't bother searching for a sticky about +10 posts, but maybe that's the idea? I've never been able to download a single file, personally... logging in, getting spammed with pops seems to be count as my 1 file through Vbull... an actual download attempt redirects to check in 4-5 days later. Just sharing my experience as a new member... going to be tough to attract upcoming contributors this way imho.

I have to admit that the download limit have some bugs in the system and i also know that the limited download addon leaves annoying popups but i am working on it!

Also if new members or upcoming designers/contributors find it hard to post 10 replies and can get everything for free after those +10 posts well then i guess this isn't the place for them just my 2 cents!

Comment

I agree those who wish to contribute wont mind it at all. they could also become a member it's not exspensive supports the forum server cost and they will have all the limits removed.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

i understand the Rules i now that Leechers to who not respect Hard Work.

Comment

Maybe dumb but how could I get an avatar for my profile?

Sig made by Cybacreep

Comment

now i know why i cant download anything!!

Comment

Originally posted by ScOpE View Post
                    now i know why i cant download anything!!
                    try clearing the MegaThemer cookies and refresh your browser cache Premium Members will not be affected by this system

Comment

Good idea but also a bit annoying seeing as new members can't even download something until they wait for 24 hours after they first create their account, Good idea but it has its drawbacks :)
                      =Steam - Dicehunter = Origin - Dicehunter=

Comment

Originally posted by Dicehunter View Post
                        Good idea but also a bit annoying seeing as new members can't even download something until they wait for 24 hours after they first create their account, Good idea but it has its drawbacks :)

You need to make 10 posts on this forum,and download limit will gone,and after that you will able to download anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CybaCreep View Post
                          You need to make 10 posts on this forum,and download limit will gone,and after that you will able to download anything.
                          Or better yet I will pay for premium access and support the community on my next pay day :)

Comment

Thats very nice of you to support the community

I might make you a cool sig to go with your premium badge @Dicehunter:

Comment

Originally posted by CybaCreep View Post
                              Thats very nice of you to support the community

I might make you a cool sig to go with your premium badge Dicehunter
                              That would be awesome, And if you can make it Razer themed that would be rockin ^_^

Comment

Thx for the information, yeah...i have to read first before i try something ^^, thx too for the pn :)

Comment

Working...
                                X