Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No Downloads for New & Rookie Members!

worked thanks!

Comment

I am sorry this has become a problem for you all, so many people following links here to enjoy these themes.
      Intel Core i5 4460 3.2gHz @ 3.4gHz // ASUS Maximus VI Hero // 8gb DDR3 @1600mHz 9-9-9-24

Comment

Originally posted by liber.nihilus View Post
        I am sorry this has become a problem for you all, so many people following links here to enjoy these themes.
        but once they get use to the routine 99 percent stick around and get addicted like the rest of us Lol.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

I have been addicted to themes for a while, I am glad I stumbled across this site, it seems to be a very comprehensive and dedicated community.
          Intel Core i5 4460 3.2gHz @ 3.4gHz // ASUS Maximus VI Hero // 8gb DDR3 @1600mHz 9-9-9-24

Comment

Originally posted by liber.nihilus View Post
            I have been addicted to themes for a while, I am glad I stumbled across this site, it seems to be a very comprehensive and dedicated community.
            we have a great community here hope you stay long after your able to download.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

ok thank you megathemer :thank_you:

Comment

Thanks for thread

Comment

I want to point out how much of a Flawed concept your current system is.

You claim the changes were made to stop hit and runners who post one or two word posts just to download a file. The main issue is that the downloads are withheld to begin with. You want posts that provide intelligent reviews and constructive criticisms yet the only thing to go on is a screenshot which in no way shape or form is enough information to evaluate test and formulate any kind of opinion on a theme other than "looks cool" or "Not my thing"

Windows themes are very complicated and need to be tested on a system before being evaluated and commented on. You could easily have something that looks good in a screen shot fall apart on daily use due mismatched coloring issues minor problems in specific applications and other things. on the other hand there could be a theme that looks really bad on a screenshot but when tested there are hidden aspects that make it look quite good.

Now the main problem with forcing people to reply, thank, or review before downloading a file is that you end up with a lot of false praise but no real feedback and no accurate reviews because if people feel strong armed they wont want to come back to the site to review a theme later on. Essentially the Policy of the forum it's self is whats causing threads to fill up with junk posts.

although this is just my opinion and maybe i am in the minority but i think there are other methods you can use to restrict download traffic that might be a bit more user friendly
                  Last edited by mikeloeven; 09-06-2014, 16:20.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeloeven View Post
                    although this is just my opinion and maybe i am in the minority but i think there are other methods you can use to restrict download traffic that might be a bit more user friendly
                    Some good feedback here friend, thanks..
                    Always two ways to look at things right? We know that and I hope this conversation does not flare up out of control. All I ask is put yourself in the owners shoes and respect his wishes for this forum.

Why not go ahead and throw out some of these suggestions you have in mind for a more perfect forum that you envision?

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

I want to point out how much of a Flawed concept your current system is.

You claim the changes were made to stop hit and runners who post one or two word posts just to download a file. The main issue is that the downloads are withheld to begin with. You want posts that provide intelligent reviews and constructive criticisms yet the only thing to go on is a screenshot which in no way shape or form is enough information to evaluate test and formulate any kind of opinion on a theme other than "looks cool" or "Not my thing"

Windows themes are very complicated and need to be tested on a system before being evaluated and commented on. You could easily have something that looks good in a screen shot fall apart on daily use due mismatched coloring issues minor problems in specific applications and other things. on the other hand there could be a theme that looks really bad on a screenshot but when tested there are hidden aspects that make it look quite good.

Now the main problem with forcing people to reply, thank, or review before downloading a file is that you end up with a lot of false praise but no real feedback and no accurate reviews because if people feel strong armed they wont want to come back to the site to review a theme later on. Essentially the Policy of the forum it's self is whats causing threads to fill up with junk posts.

nice feed back all theme have been tested before they are released for download and the 10 post is really there to make them look around to see all that is here we want members to stay contribute and learn.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

I wasn't attacking the owner but rather suggesting that he look into an alternate method of download throttling
                        I realize how important bandwidth control is especially for a forum site that is not generally designed for mass file hosting.

Looking at the site from a purely technical standpoint, the difficulty in accessing the dl's is compounded by a lack of user friendliness in the form of some rather obnoxious java script with excessively long timers and whats with that right click thing?? trust me it doesn't stop anyone from copying anything but causes issues with a lot of browser functions most "good" browsers suppress repeating dialogues and any decent script/ ad blocker renders it obsolete in any environment. also its generally considered really bad practice in web design and is the equivalent of turning on a night light in a unlocked inner city apartment... doesn't help keep people out but instead keeps everyone awake. 100% placebo

the site would be a lot more popular if there was more of a focus on user friendliness ease of access and less paranoid security ....if you can call it that. most people are decent its just that the bad ones make more of a scene.
                        Last edited by mikeloeven; 10-06-2014, 02:42.

Comment

I wasn't attacking the owner but rather suggesting that he look into an alternate method of download throttling
                          I realize how important bandwidth control is especially for a forum site that is not generally designed for mass file hosting.

the difficulty in accessing the dl's is compounded by some rather obnoxious java script with timers and whats with that right click thing?? trust me it doesn't stop anyone from copying anything but causes issues with a lot of browser functions most "good" browsers suppress repeating dialogues and any decent script/ ad blocker renders it obsolete in any environment. also its generally considered really bad practice in web design and is the equivalent of turning on a night light in a unlocked inner city apartment... doesn't help but keeps everyone awake

the site would be a lot more popular if there was more of a focus on user friendliness ease of access and less paranoid security ....if you can call it that. most people are decent its just that the bad ones make more of a scene.
                          we thank you for your feedback but we have had issues In the past we do not think you were attacking anyone the limit will stay for now the only complaints are from people who want free stuff with no comments the artist take a lot of time to create these works 10 post limit before downloading is not to much to ask.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
                            the only complaints are from people who want free stuff with no comments the artist take a lot of time to create these works 10 post limit before downloading is not to much to ask.
                            not sure if personal attack or generalization

Comment

not sure if personal attack or generalization
                              it's a generalization there are other sites that charge for every theme they have the limit we have is to get new members to look around and want to contribute to the site like wallpapers they made or vote in our polls and maybe become a premium member to support the server cost make friends like that.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

also its generally considered really bad practice in web design
                                This is Vbulletin we are on, and there's a limit to what the developers have to offer.. Granted there are many ways a person can design websites but that is a whole different scenario.

This whole conversation is based on the fact you did not like the 10 post limitation.
                                Hope you get these 1st 10 post's out of the way real fast so you can start downloading and start enjoying all the free content that we offer.
                                It' is only 10 post's. After that, the whole forum takes on a whole different light and you never have to worry about that again..

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Working...
                                X