Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Location Shots

Lets get this started...
    We do not want images of your front door or even google maps because what we are looking for in this topic is wonderfull location pictures of your area. Something in the way of if you live in a place with mountains then show your mountain, rivers, lakes, castles etc.
    Some night time shots with lights a glow from distance or a bad weather shot showing a storm with lightning. Im sure if you dont have any personal shots then you can find some nice ones from google images of your town, city, mountains etc.
    Last edited by Terminator; 24-08-2015, 16:46.

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
    "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

As I live in a coastal area i thought i would show this as an excample to get things started and will add some more later ;)

Comment

I am digging this idea brother, were is that bro? its one awsome view you got over there :)
      Well here it go's, here are some from me to, taken with my Phone, so not to good quality on them..

This one is form a boat trip i had a few years ago, Secound one is my dog Quattro :) and another one just taken the other way.

IMAG0550.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0199.jpg

Here are some images of our local beach called Ringshaugstranda aworded best beach in Norway, and still is :)

IMAG0686.jpg

These next images is taken form my old apartment wen i was living on the other side of town, called Ringshaug.

DSC_0223.jpg
      DSC_0224.jpg

As i live in th oldest city in Norway, i just have to give you guys some culture too, hehe.
      So here are a few pictures form something you might have heard about, or not :)

This first one is the Oseberg Vikingship http://www.osebergvikingskip.no/

DSC_0193.jpg

This one is of the Kon-tiki http://www.kon-tiki.no/

DSC_0195.jpg
      Attached Files

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Seriously awesome pics Remie... Love those sunsets and the cute dog ;)

ooh the shot i posted is from Belfast Lough, I live 11 miles east on that coast line in that Picture

Comment

I iive less that a mile from this castle (Carrickfergus Castle) best presurved castle in UK

Comment

• Designfjotten
            Designfjotten commented
            Editing a comment
            Digg'in the look of that castle bro, looks awsome :) i have allways wanted to go to a place like that, love everything with vikings, castles and stuff like that, maybe cus i am a true Viking myself :D hehe

here is an awsome view of Belfast lough...

You will have to click the link in the video to be sent to youtube to watch, but its worth it ;)

Last edited by Terminator; 24-08-2015, 20:34.

Comment

For those Game of Thrones fans, some of thses locations are not too far from my town

Comment

So far i like this topic Terminator thanks....i will add some pics from my location later on.

Comment

Well this topic is intended to bring everyone in the world of MegaThemer that bit closer to each other, and its new as in i havnt seen other forums or websites using this topic. I am already getting a buz from those shots from Remie

Comment

• Designfjotten
                  Designfjotten commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah i have not seen anything like this on other sites ether bro, digg'in the idea, and cant wait to see all the awsome images people have, omg I now Jack have some awsome mountains were he is living :D Am i right HammerJack

• Terminator
                  Terminator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You wont believe me, but it was Jack who gave me the idea, as he is helping me with a project atm, i looked at his profile and seen his location...... So, i googled the area, and wow, enough said! ;)

The Giant Story Antrim’s Giant’s Causeway’s is a 60-million-year-old story of science. Or is it?

CNN’s John D Sutter is touring the island of Ireland clockwise. Eventually, he arrives to what he calls “Northern Ireland’s most popular attraction”.
                His description of the Giant’s Causeway hints at the magical: “A golf-course green canyon wall slopes into a set of volcanic rock formations that are completely surreal: Near-perfect hexagon tubes are stacked next to each other like puzzle pieces.”

Giant's Causeway, County Antrim Something this pretty couldn’t be the result of a volcanic eruption 60 million years ago, could it?
                Well, there are two lines of thought on that one. The first involves a certain giant by the name of Finn McCool (also known as Fionn mac Cumhaill).
                Think a friend might enjoy this article? Click to save and share
                Giant fights

Finn is having trouble with someone across the water. The Scottish giant Benandonner is threatening Ireland. An enraged Finn grabs chunks of the Antrim coast and throws them into the sea. The rock forms a path for Finn to follow and teach Benandonner a lesson.
                Bad idea – Benandonner is terrifyingly massive. Finn beats a hasty retreat, followed by the giant, only to be saved by our hero’s quick-thinking wife who disguised him as a baby. The angry Scot saw the baby and decided if the child was that big, the daddy must be really huge.
                Mythical landscapes, magical tales

For Eleanor Killough, a guide at the new state-of-the-art visitor centre, the Finn story holds water: “Of course it was Finn McCool! That’s what we the locals believe anyway.
                “We give our visitors the two sides of the coin – the stories and the science and let them decide, but most visitors leave believing this place is an ancient home of a mighty giant.”
                As Eleanor says, though, there are two sides to the story.
                The science bit

“The Giant’s Causeway is the aftermath of volcanic crashing, burning and cooling,” Eleanor explains. “An epic 60-million-year-old legacy to lava. Over 40,000 basalt columns. Interlocked.
                “It’s no wonder this place is a Unesco World Heritage Site because beyond the mindboggling beauty, the Causeway is our portal into Earth’s most ancient past,” she concludes.
                Picture-perfect scenes

Whatever you choose to believe, there’s no disputing that the Causeway makes a pretty picture. Thousands of tourists click their cameras here every year, and when the Olympic Torch visited Northern Ireland, it was a photo opportunity not to be missed.
                Director Ben Joyner was so enamoured with the Causeway, he put it on screen. The result won Discover Ireland’s “Jump Into Ireland” video competition.
                Giant or science? Maybe you should check it out for yourself.

Comment

• Terminator
                  Terminator commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am looking for a good video of these rocks, spent some time last night on the NVidia problem I have, but will look again for a video and see the caves in Gibralta over dinner ;)
                  As for space shows, I do like sci fi movies and shows.
                  Am I aloud to post links to movie streaming sites on MegaThemer?

• Designfjotten
                  Designfjotten commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Okai, this is a documentery tho, but i am loving sci fi tv shows and stuff too, I have 4 TB of movies and tv shows :) and another 18 TB on me and my dads media server :) So if you wanna have a list let me know maybe i have seen some shows you havent :)

For posting link to streaming site, i feel i have to say no bro, if its not legal tho, then you can post a link i think, but lets ask our dear admins how this is, cant give you anything els but no, before they say anyting els okai bro :)

Megabink CybaCreep HammerJack

• Megabink
                  Megabink commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I guess we have to past on this Terminator because free movie streaming sites are not legal...except those where you have to pay to watch a movie if you post links to those who a legal then it's fine by me!

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                Well this topic is intended to bring everyone in the world of MegaThemer that bit closer to each other, and its new as in i havnt seen other forums or websites using this topic. I am already getting a buz from those shots from Remie
                Well for starters, here's a couple. My part of the country cannot boast about a lot of tourism, or commerce because, well, were just too secluded..
                118.JPG 131.JPG 132.JPG

These were taken on top of Ivy mountain where we just finish a whole house painting for a customer. We had it real bad, lol..

125.JPG

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Awesome view HammerJack reminds me of Norway lol.

Well like promised here are some shots of my location:

Skjeberg_Beach.jpg

The Skjeberg Beach

Skjeberg_Kirke.jpg

The 900 years old Church.

Stonecircle_Monument.jpg

3000 years old Stone Circles.

4000 yeears old Rock Carvings.jpg

3000 years old Rock Carvings and we have many of them here.

Bronze age Burial Site.jpg

Bronze Age Burial Site also few of them around here...a pile of stones stacked up on each other around 4 meters high by 10 meters long and underneath a very high placed tribe member.
                  Last edited by Megabink; 01-09-2015, 21:48.

Comment

hey Jack, those benches..... wow, would love to be sitting with a cuppa coffee and listen to nature at its best right there

And John, those rock carvings, 3000 years, old amazing

Comment

Okai, i just have to add some more stuff from my town now too, hehe.

I live in a town called Tønsberg, the oldest city in Norway. We don't have a very big city, but we allways have something awsome to do here :D

Right-click and open in new tab for better view
                      285.jpg

But what what we are most known for is being The true Vikings of Norway :D as this is the place they first found traces of Vikings more than 10 000 years ago, omg thats a long time :D if you wanna read some more about my town, go this this page, and read, or download this pdf, its in english, and its all about our awsome Viking heritage: http://kulturarv.aipublish.no/ai_fil...web_951579.pdf
                      Ithis everyone in Norway have heard of Slottsfjellet too, ant the big ass fortress on top of the little mounten we got in our city, we its not there anymore tho, but you can see traces of it, like the ground walls and stuff like that but one tower remains, and they have been talking about restoring the hole thing the past few years, its only the cost of it lol about 10 000 000 stones to get up there, and some other complicated obstacles, hehe, but i hope they will tho :)

Right-click and open in new tab for better view
                      saga-oseberg-2012-06-20-004-foto-jorgen-kirsebom.jpgVikingship.png

We also gets visits form our royalty pretty often as there summer house if here in Tønsberg :)

Right-click and open in new tab for better view (The ship is actually called Kingship in english, in Norwegian its Kongeskipet, witch means that its the ship for our King)
                      Royal-ship.png

Well thats something more form my city for you guys to enjoy, oh and yeah, i Live just across the fjord from our awsome founder Megabink aka John :)
                      Last edited by Designfjotten; 01-09-2015, 19:53.

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

• Terminator
                        Terminator commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey Bud, being of viking blood, i dont expect you get invited to goto many parties as the vikings i learned about in school drank and stole women hehehehe

seriously though thanks for keeping the pics comming..... Home is Home and you can always find something great at home.

• Designfjotten
                        Designfjotten commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Haha, yeah we diddent have the best reputation i think, hehe :D And yeah if i get too much alcohol inside it can go a bit out of hand too, hehe :D
                        But one thing is certainly, we can be very nice to each other too. and we really love our loved once, we do everything for our family, but who wouldent right :) I am digging Vikings and stuff, have you seen the TV show called Vikings bro? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/ one awsome TV show bro :D

Here we have D18 HMS Antrim
                      I served on this ship in my teens and the reason why this ship is special to me is that the town I live in is in the county of Antrim, Home from Home

This is the Titanic Centre with the Harland and Wolff in Belfast and one of the two cranes in view (Samson and Goliath).
                      This would be the launch area of the Titanic.

Comment

• Designfjotten
                        Designfjotten commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That building was awsome, love the look of that think :)
                    Working...
                    X