help with WSB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with WSB

wonder if anybody can direct me to where the image here is in WSB , i've read through most of the tutorials online with no joy about the windows update page , i would like to edit the box that appears white that has the white glare on it to blend it in with the dark grey of the rest of the page.

CaptureWiz002.png

Re: help with WSB

i'll send tags for you keep checking back

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

It's not in WSB ,it is in the .dll for windows update which is wucltux.dll .If I remember correctly you need to edit some of the uifiles along with a couple of .bmp images

update1.JPG
      Last edited by gsw953; 27-06-2014, 02:13.

Comment

thanks for that .. lol i keep thanking you often tonight .. lol

Comment

thanks gsw ... that sounds a bit dangerous to me .. lol i suppose il have to edit using resource hacker or Restorator ? where does the file hide ... and i suppose the images would have to be the same dimensions and format for it to work

Comment

I have been on win8 since it came out so if you can send me a copy of your Windows\System32\wucltux.dll
            I can either compare it to the old edited one shown in my last post to see what I changed(it has been a couple of years,lol)or I
            can just edit yours and send it back to you.that would be the fastest easiest way

Comment

It lives in Windows/system32 and/or in SYSwow64 in a 64 bit system

Comment

thank you people for your help , il get my file uploaded to you GSW953 , by the way ive been looking at some of your work on deviant art .. very good.

i like alot of theme but i keep going back to BlackMarket or Racy although they are not perfect for my liking because sometimes you cant see the TXT on certain applications .. i would just love to have a perfect theme that i can agree with .. lol

by the way the files ive uploaded in this link i only have wucltux.dll in system32 folder and it does not appear to be in SYSWoW64 folder https://www.mediafire.com/?l2fctwgdbuch76t

Comment

ok grabbing it now,I'm just getting ready to leave for work
                  but I will have time this evening to modify it for you.
                  This may help with your text problem http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...hlight=mactype

Comment

Thanks to gsw953, great reply.

Comment

Originally posted by formula View Post
                      thank you people for your help , il get my file uploaded to you GSW953 , by the way ive been looking at some of your work on deviant art .. very good.

i like alot of theme but i keep going back to BlackMarket or Racy although they are not perfect for my liking because sometimes you cant see the TXT on certain applications .. i would just love to have a perfect theme that i can agree with .. lol

by the way the files ive uploaded in this link i only have wucltux.dll in system32 folder and it does not appear to be in SYSWoW64 folder https://www.mediafire.com/?l2fctwgdbuch76t
                      Yes you are right that is just wuapp that is in Sys64. Sorry for the misinfo

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
                        Yes you are right that is just wuapp that is in Sys64. Sorry for the misinfo
                        had be slightly worried .. lol had me thinking what had i done with it .. lol

Comment

Originally posted by gsw953 View Post
                          ok grabbing it now,I'm just getting ready to leave for work
                          but I will have time this evening to modify it for you.
                          This may help with your text problem http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...hlight=mactype

thanks no problem ... dont rush ! its not urgent

Comment

formula Here you go.I changed the image to be transparent instead of white so it will be the same color
                            as the rest of the update window with whatever theme you are using!

1.png

Some quick instructions
                            1-when changing system files always be safe and make a Restore Point.
                            although in this case it is not that important as the worst that might happen is Windows Update
                            won't open but is is best to be safe anyway.
                            2-Take ownership of the Windows\System32\wuclux.dll
                            the easiest way is to add this to your right click menu http://www.askvg.com/add-take-owners...windows-vista/
                            3 Once that is done right click on the wuclux.dll and rename it.
                            anything will do,I usually make mine wuclux.dll.stock
                            4-Now copy and paste the modified one over to your System32 folder
                            5- Open window Update and see if it worked
                            One thing to note,if Windows Update ever updates it's self then we will have
                            too make a new modified wuclux.dll(chances are pretty low though,it has only happen twice)

Let me know if you run into any issues

wucltux-modified.zip
                            Last edited by gsw953; 28-06-2014, 02:32.

Comment

thanks very much ! never doubted you talent for 1 minute .. lol

CaptureWiz002.png

Comment

Working...
                              X