• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to disable the Windows 8 lock screen

How to disable the Windows 8 lock screen

windows-8-lock-screen-640x353.jpg
    How to bypass the Windows 8 lock screen

To remove the lock screen entirely, so that locking is just a plain password prompt — and booting up goes straight to the same password prompt — just follow these very simple steps.
    1. Hit the Start key, type gpedit.msc, and press Enter. This will open the Local Group Policy Editor.
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Control Panel > Personalization
    3. Double click “Do not display the lock screen,” and select Enabled from the dialog that pops up. Click OK.

The change is immediate. Go ahead and press Win+L and admire your new, minimal lock screen.
    windows-8-disable-lock-screen-group-policy.png

MegaThemer

Re: How to disable the Windows 8 lock screen

Does anybody know if there is any kind of replacement for the password protection function of the lock screen?

For example, I've already removed the lock screen and it boots straight to the desktop (in three seconds), which is what I want.

However, is there any way to keep everything locked up at the desktop, just as a precautionary security measure. Maybe just pressing a single key to unlock and allow access, or something like that?

I love the speed at which you boot without having to go through the lock screen and enter a password, and I'm fairly certain nobody is going to turn my computer on, but I'd rather have a light precautionary measure just in case anybody does go snooping.

I searched last night but couldn't find anything. Hopefully this makes sense.
    Last edited by Tranced; 17-08-2014, 17:42.

Comment

Yeah, I really need this, i'm really tired of coming back to my PC and finding it locked, thanks for posting this.

Comment

any ppl have a activation key for win 8?

Comment

Originally posted by amie ez View Post
          any ppl have a activation key for win 8?
          we do not allow any discussions about or for hacking software period

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Working...
          X