Win8 anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win8 anyone?

Just wondering if anyone is using this as their main OS? I tried the early beta and driver and hardware support just wasn't there for what I have. Tried it again about a month ago and it seemed to have some of the major issues with my hardware worked out. Aside from the usual things being missing or difficult to find I used it for a couple weeks and switched back to Win7. Kinda looking forward to some of the rumors about start menu coming back and the next version but will have to wait and see what if anything they actually changed. I have ran across a few modded builds here and there but have yet to try any of them out, but with being able to use theme's I may be trying it out again. If you've tried it or are still using it post a little about your experiance, likes and or dislikes. For me it could be something worth looking into and would just take a little bit more time getting used to....it's just finding that time lol.

Re: Win8 anyone?

Hey chevy never use windows 8 yet and from all the feed back that i hear its sh*t
    I will stay with windows 7

Jimmy YourNumbr1Fan Might have some info feed back on this

Comment

Well, I ran Win8 for a pretty long time mate...like 4 or 5 months total...And went back-and-forth between it and Win7 several times over that time period.
      I finally just gave up on using Windows 8 as my main os. Went back to 7 to stay. Mainly because of all the bugs.....just too many things that either don't function the way they are supposed to (like certain apps), and the almost user-hostile (as opposed to user-friendly) interface of the system. Metro, taking up your entire screen....Having to click three or four times to get to something, that required but one click in Win7.....Not to mention the fact that MS has made it sssooooo difficult to skin Windows 8; like they don't want anyone's computer to look any different than everyone else's! No aero, just these 2-dimensional flat windows, taskbar, and butt-ugly default icons and wallpapers!

I'm an artist---maybe not a great one, mind you, but an artist nonetheless---and the entire time I used Windows 8, I almost NEVER felt inspired to do any artwork. All I wanted to do was look at 'news' and 'social' apps. Like I was brain-blocked or something.
      And what's with that Office-like 'Ribbon'??! God that's SO UGLY, isn't it?

For a time, I thought Windows 8 was just fantastic. I liked the speed of it. But, in all truth, the improved speed is barely noticeable. I'm glad I switched back to Win7.....and I hope MS lose their shirts with this platform.

Comment

I used win8 and i have to say with that windows from my experiences always you have to do something on him so everything can work perfect, also i have lots of sound problem on it so i decide after 2-3 months it's not worth it anymore! If you are not even try it, then i suggest you to skip it or if you are person who like to learn about os etc then give it try for test purpose!
        If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

Originally posted by chevy350 View Post
          Win8 anyone?
          I don't like windows 8 :P
          But I suppose I'll end up using at some point in the future. But right now I'm happy with my Windows 7 :)

Comment

I use it sometimes on my sons pc but honestly.....i don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
              I use it sometimes on my sons pc but honestly.....i don't like it.
              Does your son like it though?

Comment

HAVE YOU NOT SEEN MY WALL PAPER YET? http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/showthr...highlight=PISS LOL.

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

Originally posted by deviantdon View Post
                  HAVE YOU NOT SEEN MY WALL PAPER YET? http://www.megathemer.x10.mx/showthr...highlight=PISS LOL.
                  Haha. I actually have it on my work PC :LOL1:

Comment

I use it since microsoft has launched it very complicated and I must say I really love the w7 but if no one does tests on w8 ever get good development of it I think microsoft is based heavily on advice from users who use this revolutionary way x platform now I feel good I look in the tutorials x understand how to find things or how to improve.
                    I've always you who work x of the beautiful Themi to install and make it even more fascinating I suggest you keep trying then become as simple as using the w7.
                    obviously I'm a simple person who gives his opinion thanks to all regards
                    max68

My Signature & Avatar by Cybacreep

Comment

The same for me I don't like windows 8

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

Comment

I will be using Windows 7 for the duration. MS has gotten enough of my money and I will not give them more for bad products.

Comment

I've been back on 8 Pro about 2 weeks now and have to say I'm beginning to like it. Seems a lot faster with boot times and responsivness....plus I was able to finally get my cpu over the 5GHz wall I was hitting on Win7. Not sure if OS had anythng to do with it but I was never able to get this chip over 4.9GHz stable with crazy voltage, now I'm at 1.415v with offset and idle's with 1.116v Only bad thing was getting it stable since Win8 thinks that if you have 2 BSOD's that it can "fix" the issue without even knowing what caused it and the whole shift+f8 to boot in safe mode :rofl1: never got it to work once...aside from that I may be on this one for a while :good2:

Comment

chevy350
                            Think i will stay with seven

Comment

Originally posted by cybacreep View Post
                              Think i will stay with seven
                              Don't blame ya, I just saw a while back when MS did the merging that Windows OS and Windows Mobile were put into same dept. so all OS from here on out are probably going to look and feel like your playing on your phone and figured I'd better get used to it lol. It's just like when Win7 came out for me though, took a bit to get used to but once you figured it out it wasn't bad. I still know a few ppl who run XP and love it

Comment

Working...
                              X