Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolved Problem with Win8 Themes

Hi,

I have some trouble with the Win 8 themes (Stealth and Razer Green). In both my taskbar doesn't change and I can not read the fonts in some programs because of the textcolor. Also the leftside window in the explorer (where you can chose the folders or drives) don't change. Additionally none fullglass program works properly.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks for reading and thinking :)

Kind Regards

Re: Problem with Win8 Themes

@Drazhar:

Tagged some peeps for you...stay tuned for reply!

Comment

Originally posted by Drazhar View Post
      Hi,

I have some trouble with the Win 8 themes (Stealth and Razer Green). In both my taskbar doesn't change and I can not read the fonts in some programs because of the textcolor. Also the leftside window in the explorer (where you can chose the folders or drives) don't change. Additionally none fullglass program works properly.
      Can you help me?
      Thanks for reading and thinking :)

Kind Regards
      Make sure that you have all need apps installed on your Windows 8/8.1
      -Aero glass
      -Old new explorer
      -Ribbon disabler V2
      -UxStyle patcher
      -Start is back+

Also I'm not sure if every theme made on Win8.1 will work on Win8.

Watch this video:

Comment

I have everything installed and Win8.1 :) sorry for the mistake

Comment

im also trying to get it to work hopefully we can get things rollin on this soon

Comment

Sorry Drazhar i cant help with this still on 7

Comment

Drazhar here is my post from another thread, see if this can help you at all..

Well I guess I'm almost alone in this class. I run windows 8.1.1 and have had no issues with it. I had issues with getting my theme installed and working correctly but was able to play with it long enough to get it to function about 95% the way I like it. To install a theme in windows 8.1 you will need

UltraUXThemePatcher,
              OldNewExplorer,
              WinaeroGlass

TRC or Theme Resource Changer doesn't work with 8.1 and nor is it needed. The Windows personalize changer works perfectly, as long as you have UltraUXThemePatcher installed.

Aero Glass 1.2.5 from Big Muscle does not work good with 8.1 from my experience. Now I didn't buy the paid version so not sure about it. But the free version doesn't, at least I couldn't get it to function correctly.
              However WinaeroGlass does. Only thing with it is everytime you sign out of windows or do a restart it won't load up. So you have to put a shortcut to it in your Startup Folder. Same thing goes for BlackGlass.
              Some Themes have that and its an extra. Even though when it's loaded you have an icon in your system tray hidden icons for it, if you right click on it it has an options menu and you can click to have it start with
              windows. But it doesn't work, you have to create a shortcut and put it in your Startup Folder as well. Then you have both WinaeroGlass and BlackGlass that will always be on.

I have found it to be true though that Windows 8.1 or 8.1.1 is a different animal when it comes to theming it verses Windows 7. Windows 7 is easier to theme, but Windows 8 and up uses your GPU resources better than 7 when rendering imo, and thats before a custom theme is installed.

You can get WinaeroGlasshere.

You can get Big Muscle's Aero Glasshere if you want to try it. Just choose the right one for your system.

You can get the most updated version (2.4) of UltraUXThemePatcher here.

Old New Explorer I didn't think I would like it better than 8.1's File Explorer, but by golly I do! I forgot how much I missed it. It's sleeker and cleaner than 8.1's version imo.
              You can get it here.

Hopefully this will save you a lot of time that I had to go through. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Make sure you have everything that goes with the theme installed.

Comment

Working...
                X