Windows 7 XP Mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 XP Mode

Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate came with an XP mode. Since Microsoft is no longer supporting XP Will they change it To Vista Mode? Just curious if anyone knew anything about this. I paid for this feature and now I can't use it in a secure fashion.

Re: Windows 7 XP Mode

Important

• As of April 8, 2014, technical support for Windows XP and Windows XP Mode are no longer available, including updates that help protect your PC. This means that if you continue to use Windows XP or use Windows XP Mode on a Windows 7 PC after support ends, your PC might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Therefore, to keep your Windows 7 PC secure after April 8, 2014, we recommend that you only use Windows XP Mode if your PC is disconnected from the Internet. Learn more about Windows XP end of support.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...indows-xp-mode

It seems that the answer is NO.

Comment

this is first time hear it....cool topic...maybe i outdated

Sig made by cybacreep

Please Help And Support Our MegaThemer

Comment

Gary, The last word I got from up High on the Hill, was simply Windows XP and anything associated with it are now Dead. R.I.P Windows XP:frusty: Windows XP was a Long Lived OS but it's usefullness ran out about 5 years ago and since then it's just been a nightmare for Microshaft to keep up with the hackers and Anarchist. I'm not saying it was a bad OS but it was Great in it's time and most of the Software that ran on XP Service Pack 3 will run in Windows 7, sure there are a couple titles that won't but for the most part I haven't had any trouble even on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

I guess the biggest problem I have is Programs like Far Cry, I have both the Original 5 CD version that has both the 64bit and 32 bit Installers but a Newer Version I also have that's all on 1 DVD only has the 32bit Installer and it won't install on Win 7 x64 for love or money. So I guess the best thing is to have XP Mode for those and just copy the Directories over to the Proper one in Windows 7 and see if it will work. I found that the Newer Far Cry I can do this trick and it works. I just don't have the time or inclination to build a new .msi package and rebuild a Disk just to get it installed so I take the easier route.:lazy2:

Comment

Well of course Microshaft is going to preach about security issues..

Remember they are targeting the novice user, not the avid customizer.. :peek a boo:

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

R.I.P Windows XP:frusty:
            I payed good money for this :ranger:

Comment

I use it for older games like quake works great..

Comment

Well it would be nice if MS would replace XPmode with Vista Mode. At least one can use it.

Comment

Working...
                X