How To Remove one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Remove one

I have one when I click on sound in the personalization section and I want to remove it. Where are these stored in Windows 7?

Re: How To Remove one

Originally posted by Gary View Post
    I have one when I click on sound in the personalization section and I want to remove it. Where are these stored in Windows 7?
    im confused lol (old age). where is what stored?

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

Originally posted by deviantdon View Post
      im confused lol (old age). where is what stored?

MUI Side Images.

Comment

oh lol.. sorry. i have not got a clue my friend.

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

Sorry Gary.....it's not old age for me.......it's just plain flat out stupidity!!!!! :laughingneqw:I can't help ya bud but, I wish I could!!!!! Greg (gsw953) may be able to answer that for ya!!!!:good2:

Sig By: Cybacreep

Comment

@Gary

I did a quick search on google to check for a solution for you bud, and i think i found it here:

Approx. all Windows 7 system icons -> %windir%\System32\imageres.dll
            Yellow Shield icon -> %windir%\System32\imageres.dll
            Login Screen Background -> %windir%\System32\imageres.dll
            Login Screen image resources -> %windir%\System32\authui.dll
            Startup Sound -> %windir%\System32\imageres.dll
            Start ORB images -> %windir%\Explorer.exe -> Bitmap -> 6801 - 6812
            Windows Version Image in "About Windows" dialog box -> %windir%\Branding\Basebrd\basebrd.dll
            Windows Version Image in bottom of Login Screen -> %windir%\Branding\Basebrd\basebrd.dll
            Control Panel Left Sidebar Image -> %windir%\System32\Shell32.dll -> Bitmap -> 632 & 633
            Getting Started (aka Welcome Center) Images -> %windir%\System32\oobefldr.dll
            Laptop Battery Meter image resources -> %windir%\System32\batmeter.dll
            Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Resources -> %windir%\System32\ieframe.dll
            Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Resources -> %windir%\System32\wmploc.dll

Above mentioned system files/locations are new to Windows 7 and were not present in earlier Windows versions, like XP. If you want to change look of other menus, dialog boxes like
            RUN, Progress, System Properties, Start menu, Taskbar Properties, etc, you'll have to edit some other system files which you needed to edit in Windows XP. But there is a little
            difference, now those files don't contain the resources but their .MUI files do.
            For example in Windows XP, RUN dialog box resources were present in "%windir%\System32\Shell32.dll" file but in Windows 7, the resources are present in "%windir%\System32\en-US\Shell32.dll.mui" file.

All these .MUI files are present in any of following 2 locations:

%windir%\en-US\
            %windir%\System32\en-US\

All these file names and resource locations are same in Windows XP, Vista and 7.
            NOTE: After modifying and replacing .MUI files, you'll need to run mcbuilder command to see the desired changes. Do as following:
            1. Click on "Start button -> All Programs -> Accessories". Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run As Administrator". If you are prompted to enter password, enter the
            password and continue. You can also open Command Prompt in Administrator mode by typing "cmd" in Start Menu Search box and press "Ctrl+Shift+Enter".
            2. Now type mcbuilder and press Enter. Wait for a few seconds to finish the command process and then restart your system.

I found all this at this site if someone wanna check it out, pretty neet site :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

To remove that MUI side images follow these steps:

1. Go to: C:\Windows\System32\en-us
              2. In that folder find this file: mmsys.cpl.
              3. Now just replace him with default one and that's it.

However,even you still see images,then you need to do this:
              After restarting your PC in Start Menu search type C:\Windows\rescache and delete all files in that folder.(If you can't delete them use unlocker)

Comment

Originally posted by POWEREDBYOSTX View Post

1. Go to: C:\Windows\System32\en-us
                2. In that folder find this file: mmsys.cpl.
                3. Now just replace him with default one and that's it.

However,even you still see images,then you need to do this:
                After restarting your PC in Start Menu search type C:\Windows\rescache and delete all files in that folder.(If you can't delete them use unlocker)
                I tried this and now it just does nothing when I click on sounds.

Comment

I hope you did everything right,I mean renamed mmsys.cpl to something different after that put default mmsys.cpl.Also try deleting all necessary mmsys.cpl.
                  Well I can't help you anymore,if you still have problem0 I really don't know then...

Comment

I hope you did everything right,I mean renamed mmsys.cpl to something different after that put default mmsys.cpl.Also try deleting all necessary mmsys.cpl.
                    Well I can't help you anymore,if you still have problem0 I really don't know then...
                    All is OK, I restored an image that I made earlier today. Now everything works. Question though. If I download and install Hammerjack's MUI's will they overwrite the ones I have now??

Comment

Ding - Ding - Ding -Ding ...... You get the prize.
                      This is the correct location for the .mui file that contains the resources for the Sounds side images..

If you got nothing when you click on 'Sounds', that means you did not put another .mui back in place when you removed the modded one.

Question though. If I download and install HammerJack's MUI's will they overwrite the ones I have now??
                      If you run the installer a 2nd time - YES.... But then you will have 2 sets of backups.
                      So if you ran the installer the 1st time, why not run the 'Restore.exe' that came with it before you install the next time???

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                        Ding - Ding - Ding -Ding ...... You get the prize.
                        This is the correct location for the .mui file that contains the resources for the Sounds side images..

If you got nothing when you click on 'Sounds', that means you did not put another .mui back in place when you removed the modded one.

If you run the installer a 2nd time - YES.... But then you will have 2 sets of backups.
                        So if you ran the installer the 1st time, why not run the 'Restore.exe' that came with it before you install the next time???

The original MUI images are from HUD and not From yours. I have everything working and I tried installing yours via the directions and they did not overwrite Hud's. I am stuck with these but it is not a big deal. The Hud ones did not come with a restore feature. Ding-Ding-Dong---

:imsohappy:
                        Last edited by Gary; 15-04-2014, 02:03.

Comment

Working...
                        X