Buttons ?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttons ?!

hey guys i loaded a theme but now the explorer forward and back button is set on the default blue circles. Below them are the actual back and forward images that i want.

Any way to get rid of those 2 circles..... if someone could please help out that would be great!!!

Here is what it looks like ------

Seems like you just need to restart Explorer.exe Just log off your computer, and on again to restart it, or find it in the task manager,and end the process, it will start up automatically :)
    Last edited by Designfjotten; 25-01-2015, 09:55.

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

If your on windows 8 try uninstall old new explorer then re-install

Comment

Thanks guys but I have done both. I'm on windows 7 ... I tried to delete explorerframe.DLL and replace with the theme one, restarted the computer and still no go :/ I have tried about 3 times lol

Comment

@LivLogik

Lets start over, and check that you got everything you should have.

You have Theme Resource Changer installed and running, it seems like you have, and seems like you have patched you system correct, so i think maybe is missing from the theme folder\explorer.dll
          delete the all of the files for the theme, and install the theme over, or add the theme files (one folder and one xxxxxxx.theme file) inside the theme folder once more. C:\Windows\Resources\Themes

After i add a new theme, i useally apply the theme, and do a log off and on again, to restart the explorer.exe so TRC can change all the images, so its displayed properly.

can you take a screenie of the contents of the themefolder?

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

it will also depend on where you got the theme and who made it. as i have gotten themes before that the designer forgot to change the buttons when making the theme and just left the windows buttons in.

"Building Dreams One Pixel At A Time"

Comment

Thanks @Designfjotten I'm not at home but I'll post a Screenshot tonight... Here is the link to the theme if you want to take a look before then....

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Pachenko-334871363

Comment

Originally posted by LivLogik View Post
                Here is what it looks like ------
                - 1st I/we need to know what theme you are running? And we have to have a way to check the actual theme on our machines so can you tell us where you downloaded it from and a link? It's possible like deviantdon said, that the designer did not include a mod for those buttons.

- If you are sure the designer meant to change those buttons, you need to look in the theme folder and tell me if there is a sub-folder exactly named 'explorerframe.dll' ?? And if that folder is there, that is the folder that theme resource changer (TRC) uses to change those nav. buttons so whatever images are in there should be the ones you see when Explorer is open. ( If that folder is not there you can easily add it with whatever .png images you want for your custom nav. buttons. )

- Also there are a couple of settings that have to be correct for TRC to work properly.
                A)... In order for Theme Resource Changer to work properly the 'Display DPI' settings have to be set at default. If your DPI settings are not at default, the start orb & navigation buttons will not change. Reference screen below;
                B)... In order for Theme Resource Changer to work properly the 'Launch folder windows in a separate process' in 'View Folder Options' has to be turned off, or un-checked. Some of the images will not change if this feature is turned on. Reference screen below;

******IMPORTANT******
                If you installed a custom theme BEFORE running any patcher, the custom theme may not appear correctly. If it is not appearing correctly, go to your Personalization applet and select your custom theme again to test it..

If you are still experiencing a problem with your custom theme not appearing correctly, from the personalization applet look for the header named 'Aero Themes' and select one of the themes that is listed there. Reference screen below; Log off or restart. Then try selecting your custom theme once again.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Here is the link to the theme if you want to take a look before then....
                  Thanks for the link.
                  I can now see that this was designed for new nav. buttons.
                  And after downloading the theme I can see how it is suppose to be setup.

Charlesron2378 says you need the app TRC..
                  BUT.. After you look at the theme folder and look for the folders that are suppose to be there for TRC, I ONLY find the TRC folder named 'shell32.dll'. And that folder ONLY changes out the System properties images, not the nav. buttons.

To change out the nav. buttons for this theme you have to manually change your ExplorerFrame.dll with the included DLL's in the parent folder. And he has included instructions for doing that so I will not mention them here at this time.
                  Just be sure you know how to do this procedure, or follow his instructions carefully.

I would still advise you to check those 2 settings I mentioned in my previous reply.

And oh, one more suggestion. If still having issues it could not hurt a thing to
                  1) clear your icon cache
                  2) delete everything in your Windows folder named 'rescache'.

Comment

thanks yeah im not sure whats going on.... i have TRC installed already and i cleared cache and i have replaced the explorerframe.dll 4 times :/ lol

Comment

thanks yeah im not sure whats going on.... i have TRC installed already and i cleared cache and i have replaced the explorerframe.dll 4 times :/ lol
                      And I suppose you know that if your running 64bit that you have 2 of those DLL files to replace, right?

Now did you check those 2 settings I mentioned earlier? (Display settings, & Folder view settings)
                      Can't hurt but I would try it..

Comment

wow i feel stupid yeah it was the dpi.i did a custom dpi of like 105% so my start orb would fit. sorry i did the folder check but forgot to try the dpi.... do you know of any ways to make the orb smaller so it will fit or somehow fixe the forward and back buttons to make them stay gone at my custom dpi setting?

here is attached screen shot of my orb at 100% screen res -----
                        Last edited by LivLogik; 26-01-2015, 05:45.

Comment

here is the screen shot at 105% where the orb is fixed but the forward and back icons are messed up :(

Comment

wow i feel stupid yeah it was the dpi.i did a custom dpi of like 105% so my start orb would fit. sorry i did the folder check but forgot to try the dpi.... do you know of any ways to make the orb smaller so it will fit or somehow fixe the forward and back buttons to make them stay gone at my custom dpi setting?

here is attached screen shot of my orb at 100% screen res -----
                            Well normally the start orb is changed by TRC and the folder is 'explorer.exe'. But in this case he has no folder like that in the theme parent folder. And he has no mods for the explorer.exe, so I don't know where the start orb image is coming from?
                            You just need to find the image and play around re-sizing it..

Glad to hear that you found the answer above..

EDIT:
                            OK, maybe you manually edited your own System explorer.exe? That's where the original orb is located and if you did just extract it, re-size it and save.

Comment

OK I'll try that when I get home thanks everyone for all the help I'm still kicking myself because it was something so simple haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X