Some Tips to port themes to W10

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Tips to port themes to W10

Next week, Microsoft is going to introduce a new update that, probably, will unifie the size and appearence of contextual menus. While we wait for this update and its consequences, this is what you need to have your favourite themes on W10:

.- UXStyle http://uxstyle.com/ (Build for W10 Technical Preview 0.2.4.2)

.- OldNewExplorer 1.1.7 http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1703...wexplorer-117/

.- SIB ++ 1.1.6 http://startisback.com/#download-tab

.- TBCE (Taskbar Color Effects) http://www.thewindowsclub.com/add-co...-color-effects

.- AeroGlass , for W8.1 + http://www.glass8.eu/

W8.1.1 themes use to work perfectly on W10 ... but most of them with contextual menu issues, so you have to resolve this problem with WSB

So, you will need Windows Style Builder and this tricks:

Open in WSB the theme you want to port to W10 and scroll down to "Unknown-InmersiveStart Menu" P1.jpg

CapturaWSB.jpg

Now, You need to copy (to "BarBackground" till "PopupItem") the settings you already have on "Lists, Menus & Tabs-Menu" : image_10537.jpg

CapturaWSBMenu.jpg

.- If you don't like the white lines above your taskbar icons, all you have to do is this:
    Look for "Taskbar & System Tray" and down to "Taskband-Basic-Taskband-BackgroundBottom" and change the latest "contenmargin" value to -2 image_10538.jpg

CapturaWSBWhiteLine.jpg

And this is the result for "Dishonored" by Poweredbyostx on W10 http://www.megathemer.net/forum/wind...-for-windows-7 P4.jpg

Dishonored10.jpg P5.jpg

Dishonored2W10.jpg

beagleman, chevy350, CybaCreep, deviantdon, Designfjotten, gsw953, Ionstorm, Megabink, POWEREDBYOSTX, TheBull, Tiger, Vigoni, YourNumbr1Fan, ☣696☣, -TerminatoR-, 146, abdo70, Aeon1337, arunis1234, awpergate21, bbosa, Beatbox, Black_Diamond, blingydaclown, Blood-Huntress, Breckell, borstalsmurf, Bry5012, BuffaloJoe, bumer83, c0rrupt0r, cafs71, ChaosTRex, Creator, Cyph1n, DaemonCantor, dandan, Danice, deviantdonswifey, Devil0887, Dicehunter, Dimzin, everdin, evil_cat, faizalotai, FASCA123, FlyingDragon, freak69ize, Gary, gunk0001, hamzur, hellx, IceBabee, Icramis, intothelightz10, JacksMafia, julienth37, k-c-c, KaddirB, KatiSiark, kbabe, kenj220, lahercoll, Lamia, max68, MaxxOmega, mike 59, mistersingh, Mr-Blade, Mr351837, mVs.Wolfe, NERD420Elite, NOFX1994, ONE MAN ARMY, rangel#, ratanbose, robin, Rz___7, S.I.L., samirpa, Sc0uT1.0, Scrapped, sead79, Semtex, sete, sivispacem, slade1style, Smokey, stan1023, stu2014, SwitchBlade, Terminator, The Nude Dude, Thhaque, TOSHIBA 2014, uncle marci, vikikartoos, Vlad96ru, Wu187, Xenomorph, yayegus, zapxcero, Zippy, zyppy_20,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 28-10-2015, 15:32. Reason: Insert images, & Mentions

Now this I needed.. I think this is the 1st time someone still in Rookie status has taught me something so congrats bud, you've come a long way faster then anyone else..

I will definitely give this a go but for starters I have a couple of questions.
    1) Do you have a link for the app WSB? If so, may I/we have it so I can insert that in your OP also.
    2) When you show WSB open in your screen shots, are you working or editing the Dishonored 8.1 theme?
    3) And I have trouble following your step #2.
    You need to copy (to "BarBackground" till "PopupItem") the settings you already have on "Lists, Menus & Tabs-Menu"
    You are scrolling down from "Lists, Menus & Tabs-Menu" in the Nav pane, and are you trying to say that we need to copy the settings in "BarBackground" to the settings in "PopupItem" only, or copy those settings in everything between?

PS,
    I inserted your images into the post to help make it easier to follow the instructions,
    and sent out some mention notices so other peeps will see this Topic faster.

Hope to see more tip & tricks soon, keep em coming please.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Now this is great information and i thank you very much for sharing.

Comment

• Erin
        Erin commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still testing and learning ... W10 msstyles make us work hard!!. Thanks a lot!

got lost and above my pay grade lol, but things are looking up for w10 at last and keeping tabs on here, big thanks

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
      "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

• HammerJack
        HammerJack commented
        Editing a comment
        I see your flying your true colors now. Glad to see John got your flag uploaded..

• Terminator
        Terminator commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, and i am well pleased, alsoglad to see some activity here on the site as it was getting a bit quite.

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
      yes, and i am well pleased, alsoglad to see some activity here on the site as it was getting a bit quite.

You know ... it's difficult to save some time because the job ... Thanks so much!!

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
        Now this I needed.. I think this is the 1st time someone still in Rookie status has taught me something so congrats bud, you've come a long way faster then anyone else..

I will definitely give this a go but for starters I have a couple of questions.
        1) Do you have a link for the app WSB? If so, may I/we have it so I can insert that in your OP also.
        2) When you show WSB open in your screen shots, are you working or editing the Dishonored 8.1 theme?
        3) And I have trouble following your step #2.

You are scrolling down from "Lists, Menus & Tabs-Menu" in the Nav pane, and are you trying to say that we need to copy the settings in "BarBackground" to the settings in "PopupItem" only, or copy those settings in everything between?

PS,
        I inserted your images into the post to help make it easier to follow the instructions,
        and sent out some mention notices so other peeps will see this Topic faster.

Hope to see more tip & tricks soon, keep em coming please.

Jajajajaaa!!!!!!! This is the rise of the Rookies!! ;)

1.- About wsb : It's not a free app, but I know that Mr Blade has an awesome tutorial .

2.- I have a W8.1.1 "pc-for-my-job" and also a Toshiba Laptop, upgraded to W10 from W7: This is which I use for these "experiments". Because my laptop screen and resolution are small, I don't feel confortable with it, so I edit W10 themes in the laptop, save the captures and post them with my W8.1.1 pc

3.- Yes: that part of my post is unclear. The most important change on W10 for visual styles, are the context menus. On Windows 7 or 8, you can change every context menu aspect from "Lists, Menus & Tabs-Menu", but on W10 that changes are in "Unknown-InmersiveStartMenu"-""PopupItem" . So, you need, first, to go here for changing your context menu background, textcolor, size ... after that, you can complete your context menu customizing the rest of Inmersivestartmenu : Barbackground, BarItem, PopUpBackground, PoupBorders, PopupCheck, PopupCheckBackground, PopupGutter, PopupSeparator, PopupSubmenu ...
        Usually, all them will be blank, so you need to insert the properties that you already have in "Lists Menus &Tabs"-"Menu"... and play with them for best results ...
        It's important to prevent the context menu white lines (below and above) ... it's ugly ... So, you can change (or insert) in "popupitem" the bordersize (int) to -1, -5 or 0 ...

Ok ... it's not easy playing with borders, sizemargins, imagecount ... but it could be funny ...

And ... I'm so sorry for giving you an extra-work with my post ... I'm not even familiar with some forum tips ...
        And sorry again for my english (I now it: It's hard to understand me ... I don't even understand myself when I write in English, jajjaaaa!!)
        Last edited by Megabink; 30-10-2015, 18:03. Reason: Removed link!

Comment

Erin

Some great info here thanks....
          For your information i removed the links you posted because they where against the forum rules...no links to pirated software or sites that contain illegal software that means also Torrent sites.
          The tutorial you mentioned in that link is helpful but then again it links to a cracked version of WBS which i can't allow.

Comment

• HammerJack
            HammerJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks John, I had not yet got that far and checked the links....

• Erin
            Erin commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes ... because of that I wrote "Is not free" ... anyway, it's my fault and I'm sorry. Thanks for the advice.

• Megabink
            Megabink commented
            Editing a comment
            Np just remember next time...like i said the tutorial is helpful but it leads to a pirated version of WSB which is against our forum rules.
            And Jack np brother i was here before you lol.

Thanks for the info and thread great stuff

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

Comment

Working...
          X