Ico format for Photoshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ico format for Photoshop

I'm using Photoshop CC 64 bits and I want to share with the community a file that needs Photoshop to be able to save an image as icon. All you need to do is to copy the ICOFormat64.8bi file to this folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins
    Here it is the link (uploaded in mega) :
    https://mega.nz/#!AR9QVLza!fL0x6CDBQ...kpDKq3_pJryBw8

Source files: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/product/ICOFormat
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 17-10-2015, 21:40. Reason: Local upload.

Originally posted by olaedukase View Post
    I'm using Photoshop CC 64 bits and I want to share with the community a file that needs Photoshop to be able to save an image as icon.
    I am also using 64bit PS and would love for this to work for saving this format..
    I downloaded the file and added it to the folder you mentioned but nothing is available in the drop down menu.
    See the screenshot below;

S1.jpg

Originally posted by olaedukase View Post
    All you need to do is to copy the ICOFormat64.8bi file to this folder: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Plug-ins

Is there another folder inside the 'Plugins' folder that this file is suppose to be in?

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

olaedukase

Think I just found the answer to my own question. It appears the image size cannot be any larger than 256x256.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
        olaedukase

Think I just found the answer to my own question. It appears the image size cannot be any larger than 256x256.
        Yes! sorry I didn't have time to answer before. You are right the icon size must be 16x16 32x32 64x64 128x128 and 256x256. If your image is larger the icon format won't appear in the save as menu.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post

I am also using 64bit PS and would love for this to work for saving this format..
          I downloaded the file and added it to the folder you mentioned but nothing is available in the drop down menu.
          See the screenshot below;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n182289[/ATTACH]

Is there another folder inside the 'Plugins' folder that this file is suppose to be in?

There is another location for the file if the other don't work for someone, is here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Required\Plug-Ins

Comment

• HammerJack
            HammerJack commented
            Editing a comment
            That is correct according to what I found on another forum board. This other folder location was mentioned but they were talking about cs6 and I am running cs5 so either way I got it straightened out once I stayed with the correct image sizes.. Thanks again bud.
        Working...
        X