Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or another forum software?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or another forum software?

Hello dear MT'ers,

I have to make a decision regarding the upload/image problems we encounter the last 2 months!

I need feedback from all of you and my questions is:

Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or should we switch to another forum software,like Xenforo?

The problem with this vB 4 version we use now is the lack on support and regular updates/fixes
    and the updates and support for this version will stop maybe next year!

Anyway if we decide to switch we will lose a lot of money because the paid/pro addons and forum skins are not compatible with vB 5 or Xenforo!

In fact we will have to purchase/buy everything new again or update the paid addons!
    The forum skins we will lose because the designer of those skins is like the vB guys he never updates his skins lol!

So help me out here guys and gals i have pulled my hair out and tried everyday to find a solution/fix with no results so far!

I will add a poll so you all can vote but please leave some feedback to!
    Thanks!

Upgrade to vBulletin 5!
    71.43%
    Switch to Xenforo!
    0%
    Stay on the version we are using now!
    0%
    Another forum software...please add your choice in your reply!
    14.29%
    Don't know?
    14.29%

The poll is expired.

Re: Should MT upgrade to vBulletin 5 or another forum software?

Yeah... if I give away a tuned defect car, I loose of course also the tuned extras from this tuned defect car. But what is it what I want?
    A tuned defect car no one repair for me, what looks and "work" like a tuned defect car I can't drive happy and sure not win a race? :winkextra:

John beloved Brother,

I would wait not longer of "the grace" from a fix for a vB version what is generally not supported today like also in next year.
    But sure I understand the reasons about what upgrade cost and cut out/uninstall addons because they are not compatible. The point about cut out/uninstall addons because they are not compatible is "ok" so far I would think... I mean with the work, time and addons you / we lost. But, if we look at the situation from point of view with good sense, clear mind, then we we must make "the next step" of course so or so. You know, nothing is right, nothing is wrong. With use Graphicalyzer in any way as a goal, I have no Idea. At last you will have same Situation with Graphicalyzer with more and more Members and Server and so... So, question must be first about the goal. On every way we like to go we must put the goal always in front, so the way is the goal. This is what we meant if we gave in past these words "The way is the goal" to the souls on earth. But yeah, not all had understand. So, if the goal is, that awesome MegaThemer work 100% in all... then this must be the goal and put in front, and the way to this goal is clear. So, the way is the goal.

I know in december most people have not so much money because christmas gifts and pay years insurance and so on... So, I would take Tigers 50 and Vlads 5, maybe you put some in, 50-80 or so, and asks for the rest without feel bad in a new thread (realize always it comes always from crazy ego thoughts what always try to blame THE CHRIST / YOU - if these thoughts come in your mind say: "No, I don't want these thoughts! These crazy thoughts do not mean anything.")

:loving::thank_you::imsohappy:

Be all blessed, be mindful, be confident and be happy.
    Be peaceful & in love with your next - it is YOU. Teach forgiveness.
    Your will will be done. What you give, you will receive.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    ABOUT YOU, YOUR LIFE, YOUR FAMILY:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DgP...Jy5wg&index=12
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkP...ATQTcu0gRJy5wg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0USI...ei0IIGDePbdnzC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2ez...IGsgKl&index=7
    -----------------------------------------------------
    THE-MY-YOUR-OUR TICKET HOME:
    http://www.acim.org

Comment

Hi john, I can really see your frustration in this, it happend too me a while back with my own website, I needed to upgrade due to some bugs, but if i did i would loose all the paid components, modules, and plugin all over again, (or i had to buy upgrades for all them too) I upgraded, and never looked back, havent had that problem since i upgraded :)

So i think i will advice you too upgrade, if that will resolve the upload/image issue, I feel we members have too step in here, and help you buy all the addon's you need after the upgrade, dont you agree guy's?
      John spend aaaalot of money just too keep this site online, and security for websites are not cheep guy's, so really hope some more then just me feels this way..

Never heard of that other forum software you mentioned, but if it cheeper, and mostly the same as VB, maybe you can ask for a trail-software for testing or something, before you make up your mind?
      Please let us know if there is anything els we can do to help you resolve this brother :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Originally posted by Designfjotten View Post
        So i think i will advice you too upgrade, if that will resolve the upload/image issue, I feel we members have too step in here, and help you buy all the addon's you need after the upgrade, dont you agree guy's?
        John spend aaaalot of money just too keep this site online, and security for websites are not cheep guy's, so really hope some more then just me feels this way..
        Your right brother members should step in here i have spend alone 2500 $ in the beginning on buying vBulletin the addons and not to mention the server hosting and some members spend also couple of hundreds of dollars to keep MT online!

Anyway it needs to be done and every donation is welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
          Anyway it needs to be done and every donation is welcome!
          It will come a early christmas present from me, in just a few days waiting some money :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Thank you my brother hope the rst will follow your example...i have just got some information on vB and Xenforo i think it's best we stick with vB5!
            With Xenforo i will lose more money than vB because of the addons and skins,with vB5 we will lose some addons and forum skins but it will be almost the same style layout we have now!

Anyway we will wait until the voting poll is over...let the people decide!

Comment

I say go for whichever is the easiest and most cost effective.
              I know it's costs a lot to keep a site like this running.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary
                In lieu of using vB to fix this how about a third party coder that you can trust?
                Hiring a coder cost much more than upgrading to a newer version!

Comment

I know that both options will take a lot of money John, but however I would go to VB5.

About contribution I can't promise you nothing brother, If I had a chance I will donate to you. All my themes made are shared on devaint art and it;s linked to Mt, hope you have some profit.

God luck brother.

Comment

Originally posted by POWEREDBYOSTX View Post
                    I know that both options will take a lot of money John, but however I would go to VB5.

About contribution I can't promise you nothing brother, If I had a chance I will donate to you. All my themes made are shared on devaint art and it;s linked to Mt, hope you have some profit.

God luck brother.
                    We will see how it goes,i will jump in with 100$ brother Chris have donated 50,Brother Vlad 5 so 100 more to go....anyway we will get there thanks Dragan.

Comment

Never owned a website and so I know nothing about the way it works and what it's needed to be functional,so I can't suggest nothing at all.
                      But the dilemma is simple:To be or not to be
                      So if you want keep MT running you must do whatever it takes to keep it alive and kicking,like it was before.I know that either way the cost is significant but that's life
                      MEGATHEMER​

sigpic

Comment

Sounds like staying with VB is the best decision at this time John.

Sorry to see some of the skins go but maybe we will come across something better, or even be able to edit an existing one with a fav we have now, dunno? Do you happen to have the skills to update one of these skins even if the original designer cannot or will not?

This other forum software i have no information on, or know nothing about so VB5 is my choice/vote.

I know you have said in the past you do not Skype much, but could we schedule a one time meeting face to face here in the near future? Or even a discussion over the phone lines?

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

I would say remie's comments are the best I have read you spent a lot already just upgrade.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

I chose another forum software. Seems there would ne many more types and formats today out there that would have different pluses and minuses to it that you could weigh the benefits and so on. Also, like some would rather stay with an old version of an operating system, rather than upgrade to a newer one, could we possibly go back to an older version of the vB software that you know works already. And would that be a cheaper route?
                            sigpic

Comment

VB5 is my choice 20 bucks in your account in couple hour boss waiting for pay to go in

Comment

Working...
                              X