MT Problems!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement MT Problems!

Has you all noticed MT had this morning database problems and went offline for a couple of hours!

Well i will explain what happened...the hosting provider updated the php script to the latest version which caused a lot of problems because the current
    vBulletin software isn't compatible with the new php version!

You will see a lot of bugs and images not showing across the forum but i will do my best to try to fix asap!

So bare with me and please pm me when you discover a forum bug...i am aware of the most bugs on the forum but i can oversee some lol!
    Thanks to all...i can imagine how you all felt...i was honestly terrified that MT was offline so long lol!
    Last edited by Megabink; 30-10-2014, 16:28.

Re: MT Problems!

@Megabink:
    THanks John. I was worried this morning cause I reinstalled my anti-virus and was like :frusty:

Comment

I worried also brother John about the database problem, thanks brother for knowing this information!

!!! - May Live Long MegaThemer - !!!

Comment

just when your hair started to grow back too Lol

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Had me worried.. OK, just for a second...:peek a boo:
          Now is this the fix or the update we have been looking for that fixes the oversized image problem, and the [IMG] tags instead of the [ATTACH] tags

The images under the Avatars are missing, along with quite a few more;
          http://i.imgur.com/gifN23w.jpg :JC_link:

Let me know if i can help any more John.

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
          the hosting provider updated the php script to the latest version which caused a lot of problems because the current
          Attached Files
          Last edited by HammerJack; 31-10-2014, 02:12.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Haha, knocked me off early this morning to, glad ya got it figured out John. Only thing I've noticed so far which you may already know is the front page theme photos are not showing up at this time. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
              Had me worried.. OK, just for a second...:peek a boo:
              Now is this the fix or the update we have been looking for that fixes the oversized image problem, and the [IMG] tags instead of the [ATTACH] tags

The images under the Avatars are missing, along with quite a few more;
              http://i.imgur.com/gifN23w.jpg :JC_link:

Let me know if i can help any more John.
              No buddy still waiting on the new vB upgrade to fix the uploader/images problem and the images not showing now is another problem which i have to figure out!

Comment

Has you all noticed MT had this morning database problems and went offline for a couple of hours!

Well i will explain what happened...the hosting provider updated the php script to the latest version which caused a lot of problems because the current

You will see a lot of bugs and images not showing across the forum but i will do my best to try to fix asap!

So bare with me and please pm me when you discover a forum bug...i am aware of the most bugs on the forum but i can oversee some lol!
                Thanks to all...i can imagine how you all felt...i was honestly terrified that MT was offline so long lol!

Thanks to let us all know! I discovered a nother problem when i uploaded files it didnt showed image we knew that, but also when you download an attached file what i uploaded you cant open after downloading so it goes wrong somewhere in the upload.

Cheers.

Signature & Avatar made by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by SwitchBlade View Post
                  Thanks to let us all know! I discovered a nother problem when i uploaded files it didnt showed image we knew that, but also when you download an attached file what i uploaded you cant open after downloading so it goes wrong somewhere in the upload.

Cheers.
                  Thanks for that info brother...i did a small vBulletin software update yesterday maybe something went wrong with the update...i will check it!

Comment

I confirm the download problem.
                    I've downloaded 4 archives (2 rar, 1 zip and 1 7z) and they was corrupt, the 2 rar fail to fully extract and I'm unable to open the zip and the 7z.
                    Downloaded archive was :
                    http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...-PoweredByOstx
                    http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...i-amp-gsw953-o)
                    http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...8-1-1-by-Tiger
                    http://www.megathemer.net/showthread...i-amp-gsw953-o)
                    ---
                    Have a good day,
                    julienth37,
                    President at TDN www.tdn-fai.net
                    System & Network admin.

Comment

@Megabink:,

John can we get a temporary banner up top telling all members about the image problems??
                      This problem with no preview screens has the potential of driving new members away, you cannot see any content what so ever?

Comment

Megabink,

John can we get a temporary banner up top telling all members about the image problems??
                        This problem with no preview screens has the potential of driving new members away, you cannot see any content what so ever?
                        The problem is that i can get any image uploaded or showing an image!
                        I am gonna upgrade a vB version that is compatible with PHP 5.5 and see if we can get the images back online....it will not fix the image upload problem but it will fix other bugs!

Comment

@Megabink:
                          As with Jack's banner idea what you can do is upload a banner to a site like imgur/tinypic and link it. Just don't upload it to the site. Seems to be working that way.

Comment

The problem is that i can get any image uploaded or showing an image!
                            I am gonna upgrade a vB version that is compatible with PHP 5.5 and see if we can get the images back online....it will not fix the image upload problem but it will fix other bugs!
                            What I meant to say was, instead of the notice up there about the download restriction, can we temporarily replace that one? No images in this case, just text?

Comment

What I meant to say was, instead of the notice up there about the download restriction, can we temporarily replace that one? No images in this case, just text?
                              Yes we could do that...but i have so little time atm because my parents just arrived from Belgium to visit us...i am gonna upgrade the vB version tomorrow to see if that fix the image showing problems is not i will do the banner info!

Comment

Working...
                              X