Got a Suprise For Ya!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a Suprise For Ya!

The time is almost come (in 3 months from now) that we have to move to another server because the one we are using is to expensive for me to pay alone and the income on MT will not cover 1/3
    of the hosting,domain etc costs!

So i found a reasonable cheap VPS server which i am testing atm and it seems to be working good...i still have a lot work on it to secure and optimize the server but it looks promising.
    I hope when the time comes to move MT that i can count on my members to jump in with some donation to optimize and power up the server some more...i will pay a great amount from my own pocket to start and upgrade the server but i will need some help.

Now for the surprise lol...for those who have missed the old MT vB software version or the previous version we used for years...well i uploaded an old backup on the new hosting server from just before we upgraded to vB 5....just for testing.

So go and check it out and get some old memories back lol.
    Remember i did not uploaded the attachments so atm you can't download anything!

Also i would appreciate it if all of you tell me here in this topic how you all feel or what you think when you see the old site back!

Here is the link to the new server: http://www.megathemer.com/forum.php

beagleman, chevy350, CybaCreep, deviantdon, Designfjotten, gsw953, Ionstorm, POWEREDBYOSTX, TheBull, Tiger, Vigoni, YourNumbr1Fan, ☣696☣, -TerminatoR-, 146, abdo70, Aeon1337, arunis1234, awpergate21, bbosa, Beatbox, Black_Diamond, blingydaclown, Blood-Huntress, Breckell, borstalsmurf, Bry5012, BuffaloJoe, bumer83, c0rrupt0r, cafs71, ChaosTRex, Creator, Cyph1n, DaemonCantor, dandan, Danice, deviantdonswifey, Devil0887, Dicehunter, Dimzin, everdin, evil_cat, faizalotai, FASCA123, FlyingDragon, freak69ize, Gary, gunk0001, hamzur, hellx, IceBabee, Icramis, intothelightz10, JacksMafia, julienth37, k-c-c, KaddirB, KatiSiark, kbabe, kenj220, lahercoll, Lamia, max68, MaxxOmega, mike 59, mistersingh, Mr-Blade, Mr351837, mVs.Wolfe, NERD420Elite, NOFX1994, ONE MAN ARMY, rangel#, ratanbose, robin, Rz___7, , samirpa, Sc0uT1.0, Scrapped, sead79, Semtex, sete, sivispacem, slade1style, Smokey, stan1023, stu2014, SwitchBlade, The Nude Dude, Thhaque, TOSHIBA 2014, uncle marci, vikikartoos, Vlad96ru, Wu187, Xenomorph, yayegus, zapxcero, Zippy, zyppy_20, HammerJack, Terminator, Zandur

ok, just back from a look arround, only problem for me was login, it still has my old user name with the ( alt/gr )

But other than that, felt realy good to have been on there, so I for one will be happy for the move

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
    "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
      The time is almost come (in 3 months from now) that we have to move to another server because the one we are using is to expensive for me to pay alone and the income on MT will not cover 1/3 of the hosting, domain etc. costs!
      If you don't mind me asking John, is just a matter of one server company cost more than another?
      Are you planning on keeping file sizes the same, etc., etc.?
      If we're going to take a hit on performance I would be interested in the cost differences in dollar amounts please.

I hope when the time comes to move MT that I can count on my members to jump in with some donation to optimize and power up the server some more...
      You can count on me John, just shout..

So I found a reasonable cheap VPS server which I am testing atm and it seems to be working good...
      Now for the surprise lol... just for
      testing.
      Testing, right John? As in testing only and we are sticking with vB5, right?
      I hope there is no confusion started by misunderstanding the wording here. (Glad Gary won't see this.. )

So go and check it out and get some old memories back lol
      I needed that, thanks for the blast from the past..

Also I would appreciate it if all of you tell me here in this topic how you all feel or what you think when you see the old site back!
      I have to say I do miss some of those old skins and when I logged the last skin I was using came back up.
      Loved that transparent background with the Halo Reach image..
      And, I don't know what date that backup was taken but it had to be around Christmas time, plus I see at the bottom of the main page that I was the MOTM, lol..

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

• evil_cat
        evil_cat commented
        Editing a comment
        (Glad Gary won't see this.. ) <------ you little evil

Thank you for great news brother, I just wish i had the money to help you out with that, but you know i am struggling some there..
      Seems like a good idea, but what about virus protections and stuff like that bro, do you get that in the server deal?

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Originally posted by Designfjotten View Post
        Thank you for great news brother, I just wish i had the money to help you out with that, but you know i am struggling some there..
        Seems like a good idea, but what about virus protections and stuff like that bro, do you get that in the server deal?
        No this i need to install and some programs i need to buy to protect the site...the only thing i have installed is a firewall that prevent accessing the server,root directory and the admin page.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
          If you don't mind me asking John, is just a matter of one server company cost more than another?
          Are you planning on keeping file sizes the same, etc., etc.?
          If we're going to take a hit on performance I would be interested in the cost differences in dollar amounts please.
          The hosting provider we are on now costs 350$ a year and we are hitting sometimes the peak in server resources....the VPS which i am testing now and will use once we move costs 250$ and has the same features than we have now and more because i have control over the server meaning i can do what i want with it like restart the server,restart Mysql increase file uploads change files etc...now i need to ask support to do it for me which sometimes get denied.

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
          Testing, right John? As in testing only and we are sticking with vB5, right?
          Well lol it crossed my mind to switch back to the old version because they just updated it so the attachments problem should be fixed.
          That's why i asked for feedback here but we paid to much for this new vB version so we will use it further and it has been improved a lot lately and will get only better in the future.

Comment

I would like to see us go back to the old version it was easier to browse around I know a lot of new members find our current one harder to browse than the old version

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

plus we have all the tools for staff and spy it would be way easier.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

No this i need to install and some programs i need to buy to protect the site...the only thing i have installed is a firewall that prevent accessing the server,root directory and the admin page.

Okai, have you had a look at the server based virus protection pack from symantec? what kind of server are you running btw, windwos or linux?

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Originally posted by Designfjotten View Post

Okai, have you had a look at the server based virus protection pack from symantec? what kind of server are you running btw, windwos or linux?
                  It's running on Centos 6 with other words Linux....and the web panel is from www.centos-webpanel.com which have already a lot of protection and other installed.

Comment

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
                    I would like to see us go back to the old version it was easier to browse around I know a lot of new members find our current one harder to browse than the old version
                    Yeah i know and i was planning to have the old MT installed on the GL site but under the name Graphicalyzer so that some members can switch between the new MT and the old one.

Comment

In beginning I was for VB5, but when you moved server to this version I didn't like at all. I didn't like because of the style and updated options it is very complicated (at least for me was ) and I had a problems when I want to post a thread or to change a theme ( it's not changing at all, I still on redxodus ).

About versions of VB between new and old, it is up to you to decide John, you will know what is better.

Comment

Originally posted by POWEREDBYOSTX View Post
                        In beginning I was for VB5, but when you moved server to this version I didn't like at all. I didn't like because of the style and updated options it is very complicated (at least for me was ) and I had a problems when I want to post a thread or to change a theme ( it's not changing at all, I still on redxodus ).

About versions of VB between new and old, it is up to you to decide John, you will know what is better.
                        Do you mean you can't switch between the forum skins?....why did you never told me this?....did you tried today because i just upgraded the forum to a new version!
                        I have updated/upgraded the forum many time lately and has improved a lot....posting and uploading goes much smoother now....anyways if you encounter problems Dragan you need to inform me about it so i can fix it!
                        Also if you having problems with forum usage please pm me and i will explain and learn you how to use it.

Comment

great man ^^

Comment

Do you mean you can't switch between the forum skins?....why did you never told me this?....did you tried today because i just upgraded the forum to a new version!
                            I have updated/upgraded the forum many time lately and has improved a lot....posting and uploading goes much smoother now....anyways if you encounter problems Dragan you need to inform me about it so i can fix it!
                            Also if you having problems with forum usage please pm me and i will explain and learn you how to use it.
                            Yes, I can't switch between forum skins, all what I get is black color with MT logo and on bottom is fatal error. Before two days I try to post a thread with my new theme, the file size was around 65MB I can't remember the correct message that I get from server, but uploading file is failed. Also when I upload all images and write the text to my settings and finally when I upload attachment all setting revert to default and I need to start editing all over again...

Comment

Working...
                            X