Samsung 840PRO SSD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samsung 840PRO SSD

Hey guy's, i know you havent seen much of me lately, but i had some computer issues and some personal problems i needed to figure out, but now i am back again, and i finally got it working awsome again :D

I bought a new SSD and some more RAM for it, to boost it even more now, and that new SSD is just pure awsomeness guy's, run and buy one if you dont have it allreaddy, lol
    here are some read-wright benchmarks from my rig as of now, i have some crazy ass speeds on it, i can copy a move (3-5 GB) in just 5-10 sec to a spinner disk, and get like 3-500 MB/sec (SSD->HDD)

Untitled-1.png

My System specs are now:

ASUS A88X-PRO Motherboard
    AMD A10-7850K (R7 GPU) Black Edition APU
    AMD Radeon™ R9 GAMER SERIES (Optimized for AMD A10-7850K, A10-7700K and AMD FX platforms) Ram
    ASUS R7 250X 2GB DDR5 (in dual graphics mode with the R7 GPU inside the APU)
    Samsung 840-PRO 250GB SSD
    Coolermaster Poseidon 280mm Liquid cooler for my APU
    2 2TB spinners (HDD) for Movies and TV Shows
    1 500GB Spinner (HDD) for backup
    NZXT Sentry LXE Fan controller

under are a few links if you wanna read about AMD's new APU's and Gaming Memory RAM
    http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/pr...p/a-series-apu
    http://www.radeonmemory.com/desktop_memory_consumer.php

Well this is what i have used my money on lately guy's, what you think?
    Last edited by HammerJack; 13-09-2014, 03:55. Reason: Fixed previews..

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Re: Samsung 840PRO SSD

My next drive will be an SSD, they are starting to come down in price. Your set up is great!

Comment

Now that is amazing new ssd results mate, hope you enjoy it maximum, cause one day i will! :good2:
      If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
        My next drive will be an SSD, they are starting to come down in price. Your set up is great!
        Yeah i just paid like $150 for my 840PRO with cloning software :)

Originally posted by Lamia View Post
        Now that is amazing new ssd results mate, hope you enjoy it maximum, cause one day i will! :good2:
        Thank you bud, and oh i will brother, and i know you will too one day soon :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

Comment

Whooops, i have made a typo i see lol i thoght i bought a PRO, but i have bought a EVO version, donno the difference tho, think PRO is without cloning software or something :) hehe my bad guy's :P

Comment

Thanks Designfjotten for sharing with us what you brought... i wanna buy a gaming desktop for me very soon...!!

!!! - May Live Long MegaThemer - !!!

Comment

that was my issue cost ssd drives are exspensive

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Originally posted by -TerminatoR- View Post
                Thanks Designfjotten for sharing with us what you brought... i wanna buy a gaming desktop for me very soon...!!
                Okai cool, thats awsome plese let us know if you need any help or anything bud :)

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
                that was my issue cost ssd drives are exspensive
                Yeah i know, i found this one now tho, and its 26% off over at Newegg for those of you in the states :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147248

Comment

Sure good to hear from ya Mr. Remie..
                  And those are some impressive numbers you got going on there..
                  Maybe just maybe I might be able to catch up with ya here in the near future..
                  My new build is coming on line soon, but this time I opted to stay with all HDD's.
                  First i have to learn how to array 3 HDD's. After 2 external drives failed in the last 2 years I'm going all internal with 3 spinners as you call them..

Peace buddy, hope your day is blessed.. :give_heart:

PS,
                  I like that fan controller but looks like newegg is soldout...

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Looks like a great set-up, SSD's are great for speed and dependable. Mine have been going for over 3yrs now and not slowed a bit. That AMD ram is some nice stuff as well, lot of people I've seen posts of them having it say it really shines with AMD cpu's

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                      Sure good to hear from ya Mr. Remie..
                      And those are some impressive numbers you got going on there..
                      Maybe just maybe I might be able to catch up with ya here in the near future..
                      My new build is coming on line soon, but this time I opted to stay with all HDD's.
                      First i have to learn how to array 3 HDD's. After 2 external drives failed in the last 2 years I'm going all internal with 3 spinners as you call them..

Peace buddy, hope your day is blessed.. :give_heart:

PS,
                      I like that fan controller but looks like newegg is soldout...
                      Heeeey Jack my favorite hammer :D
                      Thank you, and yeah i got a little surprise the first time i ran that benchmark too with samsung magican, or what its called :P
                      The cool think is that i just had the wrong settings on my other ssd, cus i messed up some drivers or something i think, but now i am back and ready to give you guy's some more themes :D
                      yeah lets do that, how you been my friend? Wen you say array, you meen putting it in raid? i have some experience with that in the past with my work and server innstalls and stuff if you need some information on it bro? I'm here if you need anything :) cant wait to see what your new rig is like bro, bet it's one killer machine :D

Originally posted by chevy350 View Post
                      Looks like a great set-up, SSD's are great for speed and dependable. Mine have been going for over 3yrs now and not slowed a bit. That AMD ram is some nice stuff as well, lot of people I've seen posts of them having it say it really shines with AMD cpu's
                      Yeah, love the setup so far, only downside is the Graphics, dont get me wrong, its awsome, but i have much higher speed on my other card (ASUS HD7870) with the GPU inside the APU disabled, but i dont have quite the correct card for dual graphics eather tho, i diddent see that the card i bought was a 250X and not a 250, difference is in the chips on the card, and some other stuff i red about, but gonna give this setup a go, and see what it can handle, i am getting lower temperatures all over and stuff in this new build too :D gonna do a fresh install of win 7 soon, and then i am gonna do some benchmarks in 3dMARK and stuff :)

Wow, 3 years, thats awsome bro, think SSD is the future, if its not all going to the new storage-clouds out there, hehe:D

Do you know if there is a way to benchmark the memory(RAM) ? have red that you should get much better performance with those ram i got, and that its optimized for A10 APU's but i cant really feel any other difference between that ram and the other one i got, you got any idea on this bud?

Comment

I use this little app called MaxxMem to bench my ram whenever I change timings. You can find it here along with some other apps as well. Here's what it looks like
                        Capture047.jpg
                        Another one to try for your SSD is AS SSD, and you can find it here and this is what it looks like
                        Capture048.jpg
                        Last edited by HammerJack; 13-09-2014, 20:06. Reason: Fixed previews..

Comment

@chevy350: Sweet, just what i needed, thanks bro :)

Comment

Great buy Remie thanks for sharing

Comment

Originally posted by chevy350 View Post
                              Looks like a great set-up, SSD's are great for speed and dependable.
                              Like to hear your recommendation on any of the major brands with decent ranking..
                              I still may consider adding one to this new build?

Originally posted by Designfjotten View Post
                              yeah lets do that,
                              Now that's what we all wanted to hear. The creative designs are flowing again...

Wen you say array, you meen putting it in raid? i have some experience with that in the past with my work and server installs and stuff if you need some information on it bro? I'm here if you need anything :)
                              Ya, I've been reading about RAID setups and might try it for a first?
                              Since I'm about over external backup failures, I want to try all internal this time.. Been reading that one use for RAID setupis to mirror other drives.
                              Any opinion in that regard?

cant wait to see what your new rig is like bro, bet it's one killer machine :D
                              OK, here's a SNEAK...

Gigabyte - GA-990FXA-UD3 http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=4672#ov

XFX - AMD Radeon R9 290X Double Dissipation Edition http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/produc...n-r9-290x-edfd

AMD FX 8-Core Black Edition FX-8350 http://shop.amd.com/en-us/components.../FD8350FRW8KHK

Attached Files
                              Last edited by HammerJack; 13-09-2014, 20:47. Reason: Fixed previews..

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

Working...
                              X