Winamp is shutting down

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winamp is shutting down

Here is the some news about winamp.After 15 years existence officially is confirmed that Winamp is shutting down on 20 december.
    Company AOL is decide to turn off winamp web site and supporting service.

At the end of the 90', those who had a PC, listen to MP3 tracks,could not imagine it without Winamp player. Meanwhile, the music industry has changed there, online services have taken precedence and Winamp are kept only on PC devices hiking user, lovers of the good old days (including the author of these lines). AOL in June 1999th year of Nullsoft Winamp bought for $ 80 million, but it seems that time and begin serious problems for this once extremely popular service. Winamp was still there, sporadically, and even those who do not remember Winamp or not used, they must have met with popular MP3 demo jingle: "Winamp, it really whips the llama's ass."

If you are one of those who still want to Winamp, you have it in his new version in the memory of the winamp, here it is, waiting for you HERE.:LOL1:
    Last edited by POWEREDBYOSTX; 21-11-2013, 01:24.

Re: Winamp is shutting down

I was just going to post this. There is a new release today and it will close on December 20, 2013. Merry Xmas. You can still buy the Pro version if you are from Rio Linda.
    Last edited by Gary; 21-11-2013, 01:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary View Post
      I was just going to post this. There is a new release today and it will close on December 13, 2013. Merry Xmas.
      Thanks for that info

Comment

You were right with the 20th though. I misread it. AOL is still a joke after all these years.

Comment

I will keep on using it, it is fine in it's current state.

Comment

A huge loss for the skinning community. I still use WinAmp. I have used it in my own skins. I will miss it.

Comment

I never used it what I hated the most is how intrusive Aol is. and getting rid of it is like the girl you met while drunk.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

AOL did not develop Winamp they bought the Company. WinAmp is one of the best Audio players out there. I have been using it for years. and I will continue to use it. As for AOL it sux.

Comment

Ohhh damn it! I already lose the BEST "MusicMatch Juckbox" to Yahoo, :dash1:and now losing the WinAmp to Aol! :frusty: In 2020 maybe I lose the KMPlayer to Google! :nono::angry2:

Comment

Things come and go...nothing lasts forever a big blow for the Winamp skinners and users.
                    Thanks for the info buddy.

Comment

Thanks for the info :OMG::kez_15:

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys.......and the laughs :)

Sig By: Cybacreep

Comment

Working...
                        X