.dll help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .dll help

I uninstalled all theme software and now I am getting an error of uxtheme.dll,themeui.dll are bad! What do I do.......do I insert my windows 7 upgrade disc and repair or what do I do? Thanx in advance

Sig By: Cybacreep

well it's nice to hear from you again Vicki.
    Hope life has been playing fair these days?

To answer your question may I suggest running the built in Windows feature called system file checker? Or commonly referred to as SFC SCANNOW command. This option simply checks the integrity of all system files and if errors are found it replaces them with backups that are already existing on your partition. Did you know you even had backups like this, lol..

More info is here ->

PS, another option is replaces any existing files manually. I could send you originals from either a 32bit, or 64bit system if ya want?
    Last edited by Designfjotten; 13-03-2015, 09:40.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

• IceBabee
      IceBabee commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey Jack, yes I have been doing good! Just been extremely busy.....Thanks for asking.How have you been?

Anyhow, yes I did the sfc/scannow command.....and it wouldn't do nothing, it said that those files were missing and it could not do the repair. I even tried RegCure Pro......and still no success! I can usually fix just about anything but this is throwing me for a loop. The only thing I can think is to run my windows 7 upgrade disc and repair windows! Sound like a plan to you? I have a 64 bit system, so yes I will try manually if ya send them too me and instrutions on how please. Thanks a million Jack

• Designfjotten
      Designfjotten commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey viki, how you doing ?

Do you have system restore activated Viki ? i allways make a point before i start modding, just to be on the safe side, i had that myself too in the past, and i think that was the only thing that resolved it for me.
      It can seem like a TRC error, have you tryed re-installing it? You can try to make a system repair too, but a system restore should do the trick i think, have a few more tricks up my sleve too, if it dont work :)

Originally posted by [COLOR=#F82745
    IceBabee[/COLOR];n173720], it said that those files were missing and it could not do the repair. I even tried RegCure Pro......
    If ya want too have a comp to see who's the busiest I'm all in. Life has been full here also, to say the least..

And ya the next best is like Remie also mentioned. You could run system repair. There's a couple of ways to do that and sounds like you already know how.

I have those 2 original files that you mentioned above and attached them below. Instructions included..
    If left clicking does not start the download try right clicking and open in new tab/window.

Peace - Love - Gummy Bears
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 14-03-2015, 00:52.

Comment

Ok Remie, first let me thank you for answering also! I somehow lost the backup I made before installing theme stuff. I finally got the "sfc/scannow" to work so it did install the missing .dll. I now have a box that always pops up when my computer is all loaded and if I can get that image on here I will show it to you both. Capture.PNG I don't know what to do cause I did go to that directory but there was no such file there! UUggghhh!

Comment

Originally posted by IceBabee View Post
        Ok Remie, first let me thank you for answering also! I somehow lost the backup I made before installing theme stuff. I finally got the "sfc/scannow" to work so it did install the missing .dll. I now have a box that always pops up when my computer is all loaded and if I can get that image on here I will show it to you both. [ATTACH=CONFIG]n173752[/ATTACH] I don't know what to do cause I did go to that directory but there was no such file there! UUggghhh!
        Any time hun :) you dont need a backup if you have system restore, it will not affect your personal folders or programs, see image below :)

Untitled-2.png

But i have never seen that error before, and the location are ward for me, never seen that allso, are you using any thered part programs like rainmeter, logoneditor, or something like that?

Btw, i see your on win 7, wen we get you up and running again, can you do me a little favor? and give my lates theme a test-run before i release it?

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

Hey Remie........I had just all the extras for themes like, black glass enhanced,moo transparency, full glass and I think thats it. I think I'm going to try restore again but, the first time would not go back to the date before I installed everything for theming, but I am going to try it again and I will let ya know dear! Yes by the way......I will most deffinitely try out the theme for you but I will have to put the theme resource thing and all that back in! Thank you so much for all your help and I will let ya know how it goes.

Comment

Ok Remie, the system restore does not have a date that goes back far enough! So I guess I will have to load my win 7 disc and repair windows.Although I ran the "sfc/scannow" again and it said there was no problems with windows! Could this error be from one of the programs I installed with the theme stuff? If it is.......repairing windows would not help huh? Should I just re-install all the theme software again?

Comment

Ok Remie, the system restore does not have a date that goes back far enough! So I guess I will have to load my win 7 disc and repair windows.Although I ran the "sfc/scannow" again and it said there was no problems with windows! Could this error be from one of the programs I installed with the theme stuff? If it is.......repairing windows would not help huh? Should I just re-install all the theme software again?
              Hi Vicki,
              Glad to hear you ran the SFC again. That would have been my 1st question..
              I have never seen this error message either on my machine, nor have I ever heard of a module/file named Ofqrics\Default.dll. I just did a search using these key words and nothing came up at all which is another indicator that this is some kind of foreign file, maybe even something malicious.

And... I just opened up my original RTM install disk and looked thru all the default system folders looking for something with this name, and found nothing. One more indicator this is from some kind of app.
              S1.jpg
              S2.jpg

May I ask is this a fresh install of Windows? And if yes, can you back track and think of what apps you installed along the way. Some app could have placed some kind of service on your machine as one explanation. Or some app could have errors built into it?

And speaking of apps. There have been reports of rouge theme patchers floating around out there. When you patched to enable custom themes, did you download the app from a known good source? If you want to try one app that is highly recommended, try our starter kit developed by Greg.

On top of that, this AppData folder is where apps store data so this is another indicator that something you installed or try to run has either some kind of errors in their code/scripting, or worse case it could be something malicious.

Last idea I have is open the registry and do a search using key words like Ofqrics, or default.dll.
              Do you know how to open the registry editor? (Start button>Type regedit>Hit enter>Edit Tab>Select Find)
              If results come up for these key words just start expanding the keys and you might be able to find out what is associated with it. Like a name of an app?

All this I just mentioned is all about finding where it came from.
              To fix errors you already did the first step.
              Next I would recommend running the built in repair option.
              Since you cannot go back any further with your restore dates that option is out.
              Last resort is to re-install windows.

And somewhere, or anywhere in between the above I would suggest doing a full system scan for nasty's with your anti virus app.

Comment

Okai, then i am afraid you maybe have to reinstall, but lets hope we fix it instead, I am a little on board of that HammerJack say, maybe you have a infected file, it can be a trojan, and then you will never know before it decide to launch, this is just a thought tho, but as Jack i made a search and diddent find anything usefull, if you want i can contact MSDN support and ask if they have an idea of what can be going on here.

Do you notise anything different with your computer in general? higher CPU load, more memory use, or stuff like that? I have a few programs that may fix this, and i can give you some links if you want, but i whould do as jack say and do a FULL system scan, plug in your USB-storage if you have that, so it will search there too:) btw, what kind of AV do you use? I can ship of a e-mail to bitdefender support if you want?

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

Comment

• IceBabee
                  IceBabee commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Ok guys........I ran my virus scan, which is Panda Anti-Virus, and it found a couple of trojans and quite a few viruses so it neutralized and deleted things! I did the registry search and it came up with nothing so, I am thinking it was from a program I installed then uninstalled and it left behind something. I am going to just re-install windows and start from new! I really appreciate your help Remie and Jack and Gary's.......you guys are awesome! I'll let you all know when I am back up and running! By the way....my Virus software is a free version.......what do you guys suggest is the best one to have? Again Thank you guys so much........Love you guys!

Ok Remie..........I ran just the defaults.dll in the regedit and found it!!!!!!! It is under YfsnPack.........which I have no idea what it is....how do I open it to find out........or should I just delete it?

Comment

Originally posted by [COLOR=#F82745
                  IceBabee[/COLOR];n173892] Ok guys........I ran my virus scan, which is Panda Anti-Virus, and it found a couple of trojans and quite a few viruses so it neutralized and deleted things! I did the registry search and it came up with nothing so, I am thinking it was from a program I installed then uninstalled and it left behind something. I am going to just re-install windows and start from new! I really appreciate your help Remie and Jack and Gary's.......you guys are awesome! I'll let you all know when I am back up and running! By the way....my Virus software is a free version.......what do you guys suggest is the best one to have? Again Thank you guys so much........Love you guys!
                  Okai, i see, looks like we found the source then, thats good, do you remember witch program it was, so we have a reference for it if it happens to anyone ells ?
                  you dont need to reinstall if the files are put in quarantine, but i see your point, and if you can do a fresh install, its allways good to do that every now and then :)
                  I personally would go for Bitdefender, they have a good Free version too, i have a paid version tho, had for the last 5 years now i think, and have never looked back:)

Comment

• IceBabee
                    IceBabee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Remie I found it in the regedit...........it is under YfsnPack and I have no clue which program it is! How do I find out.........and should I just delete it?

• Designfjotten
                    Designfjotten commented
                    Editing a comment
                    okai, i see, well we know of a solution for it now anyway :) Yeah if your AV ask, lett it delete it, it is the safest :)

Thanks Remie......so much appreciated

Comment

• HammerJack
                    HammerJack commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well alright now. Another satisfied customer
                    Glad to hear you got this sorted Vicki..
                    And thank you Remie for all the extra help..

• Designfjotten
                    Designfjotten commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No problem brother, you were the one thinking of it first actually, so thank you brother, glad Viki got it sorted, I know how annoing it is to have computer problems :)

Jack and Remie......Thank you both so much!!!!!!! Problem solved and running great! You guys are the best and I Love You!

Comment

Working...
                  X