Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show image animation, and transparent backgrounds in your post's.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial Show image animation, and transparent backgrounds in your post's.

Many have noticed that an animated image does not show the animation after they make a post.
    And some have noticed that a .png screen shot with a transparent background is showing a white background after they make a post.

===

I will explain the quick fix in hopes that this will help others in the future.
    Basically it is as easy as 1-2-3...

===

1) From the default editor click on 'Go Advanced'. Commonly referred to as the Advanced Editor.
    ( Click on screens to enlarge )

2) Double click on your image to open the 'Image Settings' window.

3) Select any ONE of the radial buttons from the top 2 rows except the buttons 'None', and 'Thumbnail'.
    Either 'None' or 'Thumbnail' are the default settings that need to be changed.
    BUT, you ONLY have to change one of them for this fix.
    ( Click on screens to enlarge )

Any questions please ask someone on staff here.
    And Staff, please bookmark this thread to reference others in the future,
    at least until a permanent fix is found

Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 19-05-2014, 02:26.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Re: Show image animation, and transparent backgrounds in your post's.

thank you master HJ for that tutor...

Sig made by cybacreep

Please Help And Support Our MegaThemer

Comment

little secrets make the big difference :LOL1:
      MEGATHEMER​

Comment

thanks jack very useful

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Thank you Jack.: Bien:

Comment

nice tutorial hopefully users will not get anymore issue regarding this :) thanx for it keep it up

Signature made by k-c-c, thanks bud

Comment

Dear @HammerJack: i must say this is not working in my threads, i try everything you type me earlyer even go though this steps and still no luck, feel free to edit Nuclear Theme Pack threads from me and OMA!
              If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

Thanks Jack great thread

Comment

This works 90% of the time but in some cases like @Lamia: mentioned it don't...i searched high and low to fix this hick up but so far no luck!
                  It can be a server restriction setting which i can't fix!

We will need to live with that until one day i can move to a decent vps or dedicated server where i can manage my own settings!

But anyway...great and very helpful tutorial @HammerJack: thanks for your time and input...+rep for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Lamia View Post
                    feel free to edit Nuclear Theme Pack threads from me and OMA!
                    Yes sir, I noticed those previews also and for the 1st time I have not been able to fix one. Or two in this case, lol..
                    At first I thought it may be the format and I even opened PS and the .psd for the Apple monitor to make my own .png screen but no luck.
                    Then I opened the editor in source mode to rearrange code there, but nothing again..

Looks like John just answered above, your question and my mine about this ONLY working 90% of the time.
                    I could delete the thread and re-post it?
                    @Megabink:,
                    John each time I uploaded a .png screen for the Nuclear thread, it saved it as a .jpg
                    Maybe one clue??
                    Last edited by HammerJack; 19-05-2014, 13:41.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                      Megabink,
                      John each time I uploaded a .png screen for the Nuclear thread, it saved it as a .jpg
                      Maybe one clue??
                      yeah i agree jpg is the best format for a forum...if your not using transparency in your image of course!
                      But i can't understand why it convert png images to jpg...i never added this option in my server panel...need to check this!

I have set max picture dimensions to 1920x1200 everything that is lager will re-sized,but it has noting to do with covering png to jpg automatically lol.

Comment

Ahh, thank you for the tips, i was wondering why i couldnt even see and image when i made a post, so i remove the post as i thought this site maybe didnt like the host site where i linked form

World of Warcraft Alliance Guild
                        "NCIS Stormwind" 12 X LvL 110's on Bronzebeard EU

Comment

Thank you Jack, I didn't know for this until you send me instructions in PM, now it is great to see it in thread. Thanks brother.,

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
                            But i can't understand why it convert png images to jpg...i never added this option in my server panel...need to check this!
                            That is the 1st time I have seen that when I was trying to change out the preview for the Nuclear thread???
                            IF - Anthony uploaded a .jpg format to begin with, could it be stuck in memory so to speak and not letting me change it to a .png format?
                            I am betting if I were to start a new thread I could get the PNG preview to look right.

Originally posted by Termínator View Post
                            so i remove the post as i thought this site maybe didn't like the host site where i linked form
                            Glad you saw this thread.
                            And hope you do not mind me using your post as an example up there in my screenshots..:beg:

Also, we ask that you upload all your screens to our server and not link to host sites.
                            Many times these links end up broken which translates into members asking questions, which translates into more work for the staff, etc, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
                              That is the 1st time I have seen that when I was trying to change out the preview for the Nuclear thread???
                              IF - Anthony uploaded a .jpg format to begin with, could it be stuck in memory so to speak and not letting me change it to a .png format?
                              I am betting if I were to start a new thread I could get the PNG preview to look right.
                              If it has the same name it could be yes...try to rename the image and see what happens!

Comment

Working...
                              X