This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorial Tagging Premium Threads.

@beagleman1701, @chevy350, @CybaCreep, @deviantdon, @gsw953, @Ionstorm, @Megabink, @POWEREDBYOSTX, @TheBull, @Tiger, @Vigoni, @YourNumbr1Fan

Here is a quick guide for adding Tags to a thread in the Premium section.

You all know what tags are,
    how to insert them in the Tag field at the top of a thread,
    and that when you tag someone that a notice about the thread is sent to that member, right?

Well there is one forum where you DO NOT need to enter Tags from your Friends list.
    And that forum is the 'MT Premium Members section'.

- In the Premium Members section we do not tag from our friends list because some of them WILL NOT have permissions to access that forum.
    - It creates all kinds of issues when you send out a tag to someone and then they find out they are blocked from entering, etc. etc...
    - In this forum you have to tag by the UserGroups that DO HAVE permissions and the 6 groups are as follows;

- MT Premium
    - MT Team
    - Administrators
    - Co Admins
    - MT Mentor
    - Super Moderators
    - Moderators
    - Forum Helpers

( Staff will update this list as changes occur.)

- Members from these groups above DO HAVE permission for the Premium forum.
    - The way to do this is enter each group name as you see it spelled exactly as above, ONE group at a time in the tag field and click on the Submit button.
    - Once the page reloads you can enter the next Usergroup name in the field, and so on & so forth till all the group tags are sent out.
    - For some reason you cannot enter all 6 names all at once.
    -
    The 'MT Premium Members section' is the ONLY forum that this applies to at this time.

NOTE
    From what I understand, and John (Megabink) can verify, there may be more members who have received permissions for this section on a individual basis who could also be included in the tag process. But as of the time I posted this thread I do not know if there is a way to track them or search for them on a daily basis as new future threads are posted.
    Tracking and keeping record of these individual members may have to be done on our own. If you know of such a member you can always enter their name(s) on an individual basis.

What about tagging members in the 'Items Available in the MT Premium shop' section?
    Well in that forum you may enter tags from your friends list because the threads in there are for previewing what is in the Premium section.
    And these threads do not have an attachment added to the thread.
    We want all members to see this section to encourage them to go Premium, so tag away in there.

Attached Files
    Last edited by HammerJack; 01-03-2014, 01:30. Reason: Updated usergroup list!

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Re: Tagging Premium Threads.

@HammerJack

Great move and great explanation thank you this make it very clear for our MT staff!
    I updated the usergroup list and i suggest to move this thread/tutorial to the open forum and make it sticky!
    Last edited by HammerJack; 01-03-2014, 01:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
      @HammerJack

Great move and great explanation thank you this make it very clear for our MT staff!
      I updated the usergroup list and i suggest to move this thread/tutorial to the open forum and make it sticky!
      About the additional groups you added above.
      Is it needed to include President? Because you are already included when we tag the MT Family, or the Administrators?

I was thinking about moving it also after you updated what's needed.
      Last edited by HammerJack; 01-03-2014, 01:31.

Comment

First of all those are no additional user groups those are all primary user groups...additional user groups are just extra ranks you can give but the primary is the one with the forum permissions!

And no President is not needed Administrator will also work for me if you tag this user group.
        And yes you can move this to the forum so that everyone can learn it!

Comment

Thanks for the well explained thread Jack,I have learned some more information.

Comment

And no President is not needed Administrator will also work for me if you tag this user group.
            Actually I think you will get tagged from about 5 of the primary groups, hehehe..

And yes you can move this to the forum so that everyone can learn it!
            Will move it now, thanks bud.
            Last edited by HammerJack; 01-03-2014, 01:32.

Comment

This is very good Jack thanks @HammerJack

Comment

I can echo Dragon on this. Great thread.:good2:

Comment

Thank you so much for this awsome tut brother, this was one great one too, i have been wondering this myself a few times :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

thnx jack for this useful info , very interesting

Sig & Avatar made by Cybacreep
                    .....HAPPY DAYS.....

Comment

I already know this rule, but it's good to have it posted for everyone, so in future no mistake in this area for anyone, thank you HammerJack for this post!
                      If you like theme's & material's from Artist, give them support by reputation!

Comment

This tutorial will come in handy when tagging Premium members! Thank you Jack!

Comment

So, if I am reading this right I can tag just MT TEAM members or Co Admins by just entering those terms?

Comment

@Gary

To keep it simple...Staff User Groups and MT Team and only in the MT Premium section where you can download!
                            Last edited by Megabink; 04-03-2014, 01:09.

Comment

cool tut thanks

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

Working...
                              X