Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolved hello and thank you

Hello,! I'm new here... I am loving this community alot of nice people,
    the themes you have put much hard work and effort in order to make windows better. Thank you, you are absolutely amazing and bless you for making the best windows themes you can GET anywhere, ^_~

However :))))
    i am not able to install some of the themes no matter what i did,

- themeservice.dll -updated all dll,
    - themeui.dll - ran black glass on startup
    - uxtheme.dll - ran theme extreme starter kit, (theme resource changer)

Optional -programs,
    - 7sp icon program,
    -m00d transparent menus (not enabled -now-, but tried with and still no luck)
    -mactype setup
    -also the changing windows explorer background fix,

-installed "Grant Admin Full Control" registry patch but did not apply to anwhere
    (not applied to system.32)

----when i try to re-install Jade theme with the .EXE it says cannot move "Jade.msstyles."

try to give it permission it wont let delete the file saying i do not have permission wont let me overwrite (or delete)
    Themes that
    DO work: I once again thank you all for your very hard work these are treasures and will be forever #1 in windows customization :)
    7even 4our 8ight v2 ,
    Abysus,Alien Army,
    Alien Red,
    Alienware 3000,
    Alienware Dark ,
    Black Silver 7even,
    Digital L.E.D, Gamers Edition,
    Dishonored,
    Dreamland Area 51,
    HDR Blue, HDR Red,
    Hello Kitty FG ,
    Megalodon,
    Nuclear blue,
    Prey2,
    Razor green,
    Razor red,
    T-ripped,
    /************************************************************************

*************************************************************************/
    DONT work:
    Battlefield 3
    Alpha R-11: Asus ROG,
    Black Aero
    EscEnergy Green,
    EX,
    HKS Evo Red,
    Injected Capsule,
    Jade,
    Lemon 7R,
    M.C Blue Black,
    Mechanism Blue
    Mechanism green,
    Nvidia ultimate,
    ​Nafarius
    Oddysy2011,
    Re Digitized reloaded,
    Robots,
    Skullz v2,
    Spirit orange,
    The force,
    Umbrella,
    rlook,
    wrath of the lich king, -these all revert to classic window style, maybe I did not install properly?

Those ones might be a little more advanced and require additional steps? have more folders I believe.

Do i have to use all the widgets and Rocket dock, Rainmeter, etc?

Hi there moaker and welcome to MT :)

First of, what kind of operating system are you using? windows 7, 8 or 10?

I see this is not a theme i have made, but i bet that installer just patch a few dll files, and moves the theme to the theme folder.
    So what you can do is to do it manually, then you need to extract the .exe file with a program called resturator or resource hacker.
    And just copy and past the files in the correct folders.

If you got Theme Resource Changer installed and running at startup, and have patched you system for allowing custom themes (remember it is 5 files in total if you run a x64 bit system), that is actually mosty the only thing you will need to see the theme change, but small stuff might not look good, if the theme needs other programs to work properly, but it will still work i think.
    If you have all the abow, you can just move the .msstyle and the theme folder to this location: Theme folder and .msstyle go in: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes
    And you will see it in you personalization window :)

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

• moaker
      moaker commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you very much for your quick comment, it is appreciated, i do have 3 files patched, also the other stuff i mentioned, i am on windows 7 64 bi, not sure whats going on, which are the other 2 files?

and theme resource changer is installed, im not sure if it runs on startup, also cant copy files to Resources/Themes because access is denied,, but it let me the first time (just can't overwrite or delete) hmmm , which other 2 files i need to patch?

Then we found the problem, If you are running a 64-bit Operating System you need to patch 2 more files, 5 in total. To ensure that all files have been patched, you fist run the UniversalThemePatcher-x86.exe patch for 32-bit and then one more time with UniversalThemePatcher-x64.exe Patcher for 64-bit system. After you have patched all the correct files, the themes will display propely for you :)

Universal theme patcher will tell you if the files are allreaddy patched, let me know if you need any help with it

Signature is made by our awesome friend CybaCreep, awesome work brother, i love it :)

If you like you can add me on PSN, it would be awesome :)

Comment

thank you once again for the help and response, i did run the x86 patcher, i have some screenshots, not sure if anything conflicts , but it said i needed to patch, i will restart now,
      and i remembered, i closed explorer.exe and i can overwrite files to Resources/Themes , we'll see, ( I have alot of crazy stuff on my computer so maybe there is previous conflicts)

Comment

• Designfjotten
        Designfjotten commented
        Editing a comment
        Okai, let me know what happens after you restarted :)

Originally posted by [COLOR=#1464F4
      Designfjotten[/COLOR];n182361]Okai, let me know what happens after you restarted :)

no sir, sorry.. I have not been able to find the cause of the problem or why some work and others dont, Although i will try at a later time , thanks
      Last edited by moaker; 18-10-2015, 20:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Designfjotten View Post
        Then we found the problem, If you are running a 64-bit Operating System you need to patch 2 more files, 5 in total

Originally posted by moaker View Post
        thank you very much for your quick comment, it is appreciated, i do have 3 files patched, also the other stuff i mentioned, i am on windows 7 64 bi, not sure whats going on, which are the other 2 files?
        Since it was stated 8 lines down in his opening post that he ran the starter kit, then he has all 5 files patched, TRC installed and running (this runs silently and keeps running after each restart. ((verify by checking task manager after each start)), and the explorerframe.dll is patched to allow for an additional Explorer image IF the designer included it in their package.

Now what's really bugging me at the moment is, how did you manage to download all these themes in your two list's, and your post count is currently at 8 post's???
        Megabink

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

Comment

• moaker
          moaker commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, i was curious about that myself, but i didn't think much about it, regardless,

yeah, i was curious about that myself, but i didn't think much about it, regardless,
        Curious got me checking and I found your usergroup settings wrong. Currently your locked out and with 8 post's showing, you will need 3 more post's to unlock the forum again..

Comment

• moaker
          moaker commented
          Editing a comment
          meaning I cant ask questions or anything, I wanted to post an application on the recommended program forum..

meaning I cant ask questions or anything, I wanted to post an application on the recommended program forum..
        Not what I meant. You can ask all the questions you like, or post anything you like, but the downloads are locked until you reach 11 post's as stated in our forum rules.
        In other words with each post/reply you make, your post count is rising. Like right now you just went up to 9 post's total.

Comment

Working...
        X