X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement - FEEDBACK - Report bugs & Comments for our new vBulletin v5

feedback.png

This is a topic where everyone can report bugs, and comment about our new operating version of vBulletin, version 5.
    We have come a long since implementing the newer version but may still find issues or concerns
    as each new update continues to fix problems, and fine tune this new version.
    And like any new software, the developers may also appreciate our feedback for future improvements.
    feedback2.png

Our forum owner is always working to make improvements and is always on top of things.
    - Look for new and better skins for our forum by selecting from the skin chooser at the bottom left of every page.
    - He is already looking for ways to bring back our animated Avatar's.
    - All members are encouraged to post their comments along the way.
    - This thread will be monitored and we will try to reply to each & every post asap.
    - Press the 'Subscribe' button at the top to easily follow along with our progress

Attention
    Please do NOT flood Megabink's mail box with all your questions until you have posted here in this Topic.
    We ask that if you cannot find your answer here in this thread, that we have other staff members that you can direct your questions and/or PM's to such as Tiger:, CybaCreep:, beagleman:, POWEREDBYOSTX:, and myself ( @
    HammerJack ).

beagleman, chevy350, CybaCreep, deviantdon, Designfjotten, gsw953, Ionstorm, Megabink, POWEREDBYOSTX, TheBull, Tiger, Vigoni, YourNumbr1Fan, ☣696☣, -TerminatoR-, 146, abdo70, Aeon1337, arunis1234, awpergate21, bbosa, Beatbox, Black_Diamond, blingydaclown, Blood-Huntress, Breckell, borstalsmurf, Bry5012, BuffaloJoe, bumer83, c0rrupt0r, cafs71, ChaosTRex, Creator, Cyph1n, DaemonCantor, dandan, Danice, deviantdonswifey, Devil0887, Dicehunter, Dimzin, everdin, evil_cat, faizalotai, FASCA123, FlyingDragon, freak69ize, Gary, gunk0001, hamzur, hellx, IceBabee, Icramis, intothelightz10, JacksMafia, julienth37, k-c-c, KaddirB, KatiSiark, kbabe, kenj220, lahercoll, Lamia, max68, MaxxOmega, mike 59, mistersingh, Mr-Blade, Mr351837, mVs.Wolfe, NERD420Elite, NOFX1994, ONE MAN ARMY, rangel#, ratanbose, robin, Rz___7, S.I.L., samirpa, Sc0uT1.0, Scrapped, sead79, Semtex, sete, sivispacem, slade1style, Smokey, stan1023, stu2014, SwitchBlade, The Nude Dude, Thhaque, TOSHIBA 2014, uncle marci, vikikartoos, Vlad96ru, Wu187, Xenomorph, yayegus, zapxcero, Zippy, @zyppy_20,
    Last edited by HammerJack; 30-09-2015, 02:55.

Join us at deviantart.com - -Click on logo..

Upload and share at our new YouTube channel - - Click on logo..

One request of mine is for the return of our Post Templates.
    Love to have the ability to create and save templates again.
    And another beauty would be the ability to shoot new members a welcome template like we use to have..

Megabink

Comment

Originally posted by HammerJack View Post
      One request of mine is for the return of our Post Templates.
      Love to have the ability to create and save templates again.
      And another beauty would be the ability to shoot new members a welcome template like we use to have..

Megabink
      Thanks for the topic we needed this.

Well about the the Post Templates i miss that option to and i am searching high and low to code this myself without success but i will not give up lol.
      I have the most of them saved and i can post them in the Staff forum if you like so you can copy/paste them for now until i fid a fix.

The second request will be a hard cookie but i am learning how to code the CSS templates maybe some day i can fix that to.

The Avatars i have fixed by size but still no solution for the animated ones...i noticed also if i make the avatars bigger everything gets blurred even the badges in the postbit,
      Still playing with the avatar dimensions to get the correct size in the postbit part.

There is still a lot of things i want back like the animated online/offline member status in the postbit and the country flags and many more stuff lol....anyway i am testing those on my test server and i am getting close with some of them.

Comment

• HammerJack
        HammerJack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feedback John.. We do have a topic in the admin section for templates, and some of my animated ones I posted there, but still like to keep adding to that thread so yes, please post those old ones if you have time.. Please keep us updated bud..

• Megabink
        Megabink commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do brother Jack...and will check that topic and add when needed.

Megabink HammerJack what about the old version if they fixed all the bugs maybe go back just a thought.

Sig by Cybacreep

Comment

• HammerJack
        HammerJack commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the feedback again George.. John will have to chime in on that one but for me I would like to stay where were at as it appears at some point the older versions would eventually loose out and stop being updated. Kind of like each Windows version has a time limit eventually.

• Megabink
        Megabink commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah that's true vB4 will have one or 2 more updates and then it's finished with that version.
        And if vB doesn't support that version anymore then it will die because forum software needs to be updated because of all changes browsers make etc...

Originally posted by beagleman View Post
      Megabink HammerJack what about the old version if they fixed all the bugs maybe go back just a thought.
      I am testing the old vB 4 version on the new server with the latest vB4 update and the attachments problem still remains George.

Comment

Megabink CybaCreep

I just switched my Avatar for something more Halloween, and guess what? The animation is working..
        Not sure if you did something, or it was just the image I used this time..

This image size was 130x121 which I have never used before.. Guess I could resize some others and do more testing..

PS, Like the country flags that are flying again, cool move boss..
        Last edited by HammerJack; 17-10-2015, 20:34.

Comment

Megabink CybaCreep

I just switched my Avatar for something more Halloween, and guess what? The animation is working..
          Not sure if you did something, or it was just the image I used this time..

This image size was 130x121 which I have never used before.. Guess I could resize some others and do more testing..

PS, Like the country flags that are flying again, cool move boss..
          I have changed/adjusted the code yesterday but it appears that larger images 200x200 still don't work atm but smaller does sometime and not all off them...just test some Jack and keep me informed.
          Btw glad you like the flags brother thanks.

Comment

• HammerJack
            HammerJack commented
            Editing a comment
            Nothing so far John.
            I tried resizing 2 others to other sizes smaller than 200x200 going all the way down to 130x130 and none worked. Only this one Halloween image that was already at the smaller size is showing the animation.. So far not making any sense???

• HammerJack
            HammerJack commented
            Editing a comment
            PS, we are both missing one of our badges. At least one badge is showing a broken icon image?

• Megabink
            Megabink commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't get it....on my test server the animated avatars work but not here?...need to dig much deeper to solve this.
            And which badges do you mean Jack?

Originally posted by Megabink View Post
          And which badges do you mean Jack?
          Yesterday the Admin badges were broken and just showing the little broken icon..
          Now they are showing just fine..

Comment

Megabink

John, I believe I/we finally have all the old HIDE REPLY tags removed from all of our themes for both Win 7, and Win8..
            That's themes only now.. Still have a ton of other customizations that probably still have the old tags..

And now I have a couple of new requests since all my navigating thru the forums..
            1) May we have a new sub forum setup just for Hell-X Win 7 themes? We have many of them but they are all in the section for other designers.
            2) And may we have a new sub forum setup just for Win8 themes by lamia?

And..
            On yet another note. May we increase the height dimensions for .jpg and .png images up to around 3500 - 4000?
            Some of the designers have made their preview screens by adding 3 or 4 screenshots into one single 1920x4000 preview shot..

Pees and Franks..
            Last edited by HammerJack; 25-10-2015, 04:37.

Comment

Megabink

John, I believe I/we finally have all the old HIDE REPLY tags removed from all of our themes for both Win 7, and Win8..
              That's themes only now.. Still have a ton of other customizations that probably still have the old tags..

And now I have a couple of new requests since all my navigating thru the forums..
              1) May we have a new sub forum setup just for Hell-X Win 7 themes? We have many of them but they are all in the section for other designers.
              2) And may we have a new sub forum setup just for Win8 themes by lamia?

And..
              On yet another note. May we increase the height dimensions for .jpg and .png images up to around 3500 - 4000?
              Some of the designers have made their preview screens by adding 3 or 4 screenshots into one single 1920x4000 preview shot..

Pees and Franks..
              Thank you very much for removing those tags Jack...i am glad they are gone lol.
              About your requests...i will look into it,i guess the sub forums will be no problem but increasing the images can be a problem...i need to test this first to see if it doesn't strain the server to much.

Comment

• HammerJack
                HammerJack commented
                Editing a comment
                Ya, I was thinking the image sizes could be an issue but if we have a size limit of 125mb for the compressed attachments, what difference would larger images make?

• Megabink
                Megabink commented
                Editing a comment
                The setup would be no problem but showing or opening so big size images on the forum would strain the server especially when 10 or more members open the image at the same time.

Originally posted by Megabink View Post

i will look into it,i guess the sub forums will be no problem
              Is this where you add a new sub forum?

S1.png

Comment

Is this where you add a new sub forum?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n182638[/ATTACH]
                Yes...but you need to take a look at another subforum how it is setup!
                You can create a subforum based upon an existing subforum so it will have the same forum/member permissions...this way you only need to add the display order.
                With this option you can choose where the subforum will be displayed on the forum main page first,last or somewhere in between in that category.

Comment

Megabink
                  Just thought of another question John. Where in the world do we see how many members we have? Used to see statistics on the home page.

Comment

Megabink
                    Just thought of another question John. Where in the world do we see how many members we have? Used to see statistics on the home page.
                    If you scroll down to the bottom of the main page is a statistic block with posts,topics and members statistics.

Comment

• HammerJack
                      HammerJack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks bud, I missed it before.. Same page just moved around a little, lol..

• Megabink
                      Megabink commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's there for quite a bit now lol...it was not in the beginning when we updated to vB5 but they added it back in vB5.4

Confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                    X